OK so I think now it might be my bass + treble up too high, but my clean channel clips when i play my strings hard, which I'm not used to happening on any amp ever. So is there a way to make my clean channel not clip so easily? It's SS so if I can just throw in a simple mod somewhere I could probably do that.

EDIT: I just noticed that when the Treble + Bass are @ 5 it doesn't clip. So I guess this is mainly a treble issue, the bass can be cranked with no clipping. Kinda sucks though.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Last edited by Leat at Jun 17, 2008,
Try turning your amp down; that's the only reason it clips.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Leat
It's SS so if I can just throw in a simple mod somewhere I could probably do that.

yea you're not going to be able to "simply" mod a SS amp, let alone mod it at all.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Try turning your amp down; that's the only reason it clips.

No the volume was low[think apartments] and it clipped. It was the treble being too high.
That's what you get for buying a solid state amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale

Yup.
what... tube amps start clipping too... Angus young for instance, he does not use that much gain at all a lot of it comes from just having the amp cranked. its why you get amps with more headroom
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by Kevin Saale

what the ****, then whats the reason for buying a tube amp then other than good tone.
well the whole point is to first and foremost have good tone... thats the general idea...
and different amps have different amounts of headrooms. Heads usually have more headroom.

if thats what you were referring to with the "What the ****." sentence
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by forsaknazrael
^Actually he gets his distortion from hitting the strings super hard. He doesn't crank it hard enough to make it clip that much in the power section. That's how I do it, too.

I thought he does crank it pretty hard, since it's under the stage in a box with a mic so it isn't too loud?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Try rolling the volume on your guitar down.

Is this a new amp? If not then it could just simply be on its way out, because unless you crank it, clipping shouldnt be that obvious at low volumes.
Quote by Fama
I thought he does crank it pretty hard, since it's under the stage in a box with a mic so it isn't too loud?

Right, it's in an isolation cab. But it's run with the volume at halfway on the dial. JTM45's have a lot of headroom. I don't think that's enough to make the the power amp distort. It's working it hard, for sure.