THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
R.I.P. Lost Soul
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
I don't understand the hate for guitar hero. Have you guys actually played it? I know I thought GH was lame before I played it. Just take it at face value, its a game and its fun, who cares if they make ridiculously hard guitar riffs simple.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
lol? this is actually really sad. i mean i like playing guitar hero occasionaly, but its just a game. imo some kids think that theyre rockstars just because they play this game hours upon hours a day. and these controlers and this amp is a joke.
Sad is an understatement!
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
And even worse is that those same kids who play rock band diss GH like we diss SS amps...
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
what gets me is that guitar companies LOVEE guitar hero,

more kids to buy there cheap low end products =]
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
Quote by lp_dude_2
redicioulous! and what the **** is that pro power station thing?

Its a $1200 waste of money just for a fancy looking a PS3.
I am actually a fan of the GH games, but even I gotta admit, that's just a waste of a good guitar, not to mention they're probably none too functional. The reach from the strum bar to the frets would probably be too long to easily tap TTFAF, XD
Obligatory "My Gear" List
Crappy Fender Squier Strat (Got it from the strat pack I got when I first started)
Also crappy ~15 watt amp (^)
Line 6 Spider III (inb4flames)
Peavey Tracer (Got it from my uncle. Ftw )
Epiphone Les Paul (YEAAAAAH)
I heard a GH megadeth controller makes you play better.

Im not kidding or nothing.
Last edited by False_God at Jun 17, 2008,
Quote by False_God
I heard a GH megadeth control makes you play better.

Im not kidding or nothing.

that took me a minute to pick up on the humor in that one
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
I lolled at the power station. I wonder if it actually comes with a PS3, seeing as it is 1,200 dollars...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Peavey
R.I.P.
Guitars
------------------

Epiphone SG w/seymour duncan JB's

Hagstrom Super Swede

Amp
-----------------

Traynor YCV50 BLUE

Pedals
------------------

Line 6 DL-4

Boss TU-2
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
i dont get the whole "people who are good at guitar hero thinking they are good at actual guitar" thing. have you really ever seen a person like that? i have a friend who is completely obsessed with everything involving guitar hero or rock band, but he never claims to be good at guitar. he even talks about how he wishes he could play.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yeah, I have friends like that. They're the ones who regret not picking up a guitar or drum set when they were in high school and just messing around.

South Park hit it so perfectly with the GH episode... when they were going to pair Stan with that emo kid who played some song at the table, and it was just a bunch of quick "click click" clicking sounds, and everyone was saying they liked that song.
I hate the guitar hero controllers!
They feel so cheap a tacky.
But a real guitar poisoned with those gay buttons is taking it to far...
I really don't see what the big deal is.

I've never heard a single person say "I'm good at GH so I bet I would be pretty good at playing a real guitar!" Everyone realizes that its just a game.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I don't understand the hate for guitar hero. Have you guys actually played it? I know I thought GH was lame before I played it. Just take it at face value, its a game and its fun, who cares if they make ridiculously hard guitar riffs simple.

good man +1

also +1 to peavey for thinking that up and getting on it quick. its an awesome game for when i wanna play a game and in no way stops or affects me playing the guitar.
Thank you please.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I really don't see what the big deal is.

I've never heard a single person say "I'm good at GH so I bet I would be pretty good at playing a real guitar!" Everyone realizes that its just a game.

+1 just because i GTA doesnt mean im a hooker killing car thief. Besided GH is actually a pretty cool game until it takes away from playing the real thing
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by Kevin Saale

Exactly! The guitarist hate for Guitar Hero is as if a guy who's been in the army hates everybody playing FPS, because it's not like the real thing, or racing drivers doing the same with everybody playing Gran Truismo or plumbers hating everybody playing Super Mario, only because it's not like the real thing...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by ilovemySG
that took me a minute to pick up on the humor in that one

I wasnt kidding

also, I hate GH. I just dont find it enjoyable.

I just find it weird, Guitar companies are investing in a game.... big time.
Quote by Kevin Saale

No, it's that so many retarded 13 year olds think they can instantly play guitar because they can hit five plastic buttons.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Kiddd
i wonder who will buy those things ?

Alot of fanatics. and thats alot of people!
Quote by Gabel
Exactly! The guitarist hate for Guitar Hero is as if a guy who's been in the army hates everybody playing FPS, because it's not like the real thing, or racing drivers doing the same with everybody playing Gran Truismo or plumbers hating everybody playing Super Mario, only because it's not like the real thing...

haha
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
I'm in construction and the plumbers do actually complain about that.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I'm in construction and the plumbers do actually complain about that.

Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
No, they actually just stand around with the electricians and look stupid.
they put pickups in it... wow. That is really really sad... but a guitar for the money, it's more fun anyways.
Page 1 of 2