According to the guitar dater project,

Your guitar was made at the
Qingdao Plant (Epiphone), China
October 2005
Production Number: 2866

I have a few questions about this. My Les Paul was purchased April 30, 2007, so if "Guitar dater project" is correct, my guitar sat around for a year and a half before I bought it. Seems odd to me.

Second question, according to the date from "Guitar dater project", is my LP all mahogany, or mahogany/alder mix?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
-SD "Pearly Gates" bridge pickup
-50's style wiring
Digitech RP150
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 Linear Power Booster
Peavey Windsor Studio

= My amp on crack
I thought they were maple and mahogany
Member of 7-string Legion
Wields S7320

. .___.
. (O,o)
. /)__)
. ^ ^

. O rly?
Older Epi Les Paul Standards weren't pure mahogany.
-50's style wiring
Digitech RP150
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Windsor Studio

= My amp on crack
All mahogany body and top if it's from china.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
They didn't start using all mahogany again until sometime in 2006. Mine is from 2005 as well, made at the Qingdao plant and is the mahogany/alder mix. What the mix actually is is an alder body with a mahogany veneer.
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
They didn't start using all mahogany again until sometime in 2006. Mine is from 2005 as well, made at the Qingdao plant and is the mahogany/alder mix. What the mix actually is is an alder body with a mahogany veneer.

Thanks to everyone with the replies. Could you tell me where you got this information? I have asked others this question and always get different dates when the construction was changed, and how much alder was actually used in the guitar.
-50's style wiring
Digitech RP150
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Windsor Studio

= My amp on crack
Quote by CutlassSupreme
Thanks to everyone with the replies. Could you tell me where you got this information? I have asked others this question and always get different dates when the construction was changed, and how much alder was actually used in the guitar.

The year they switched to all mahogany I found on the Epi forum a while ago, supposedly it was in late '06. I know for sure though it wasn't in 2005. The amount of alder comes from me looking over my own guitar, plus it's pretty obvious by just looking that the mahogany is only a veneer.
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
The year they switched to all mahogany I found on the Epi forum a while ago, supposedly it was in late '06. I know for sure though it wasn't in 2005. The amount of alder comes from me looking over my own guitar, plus it's pretty obvious by just looking that the mahogany is only a veneer.

Ok, thank you very much.
-50's style wiring
Digitech RP150
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Windsor Studio

= My amp on crack
Quote by CutlassSupreme
my guitar sat around for a year and a half before I bought it. Seems odd to me.
It's actually pretty common. I've got four Epiphone guitars now, and they all were made a couple of years before I took them off the shelves.

Quote by jessejames1414
I thought they were maple and mahogany
If you mean maple in the body, the SG Special is maple, always has been and Epiphone clearly state that on their website. For other models, maple has only ever been used in the tops.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.