ok choices here i go
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Alexi200-Alexi-Laiho-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=542076
or
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Alexi-Laiho200-Electric-Guitar?sku=512896

Theirs basically the same...just ESP..and ones Ludwig..and i would really like a guitar like this for small shows and such, so UG my question..what one is better ( yah another one of these threads). And i know people hate angry danish or nordic people...and ESP's so Peas help me
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Honestly, you're better off with a Jackson Randy Rhoads. Nothing against ESP, thaey make fine axes. But a Randy is perfectly balanced while playing standing up, you get two pickups so you have way more tonal possibilities and a compound radius fretboard. I've had one for years and it is total win, and is the style that those models borrow from.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
nice but what one is better for..death metal/black metal??
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
screw you gehys!! i'm goin home
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
both are not that great, aka terrible guitars.
1) a V with a bolt on has little sustain
2) a V with a bolt on, then a floating trem, wow notes don't last long X(
3) basswood, meh.
4) 1 pup, only with a volume knob X(

not to be so negative but you might want to save for a better quality guitar
choice a
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
i wouldnt recommend buying **** off the web, you dont have the try before you by ability, go to sheldons or music stop rizz, music stop has more variety though.
Quote by Ghold125

I NEVER switch pickups, I only ever use the bridge pickup, nor do I ever touch a tone knob. I actually enjoy single pickup guitars... and fewer knobs means less hassle for me.

And to aaron addicott - some people don't have the luxury of trying things out. The closest guitar store to me is about a 2 hour drive away... and with gas being over $4/gallon I'm not wasting that much money just to try something out.

To the threadstarter - they are the same guitar and the same price. But if I were in your shoes I would buy the ESP version just because its ES-freakin-P opposed to Ludwig.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I NEVER switch pickups, I only ever use the bridge pickup, nor do I ever touch a tone knob. I actually enjoy single pickup guitars... and fewer knobs means less hassle for me.

Yeah but it's always nice to know it's there! I would have no problem with just a bridge pup but having a neck one does come in handy for things that a bridge pickup could do fine but a neck pickup can do better.
Quote by Seef
Yeah but it's always nice to know it's there! I would have no problem with just a bridge pup but having a neck one does come in handy for things that a bridge pickup could do fine but a neck pickup can do better.

Well I'm not bashing neck pickups or anything I was just saying that there are some people out there that only use one pickup. To me the neck pickup tone is just too warm. Also, I've never really focused much on tonal versatility - but if I do need a different tone (i.e. playing a metal song followed buy something bluesy) I use my amp to shape the tone.
arron i could get him to order it..and good arguments here but i am metalhead your the same as me..exact same thing all the time i dont know boys Alexi Lahio is kinda..my guitar god now a days but i want a nice guitar any one ever play them??? hows the speed and such for them if so??
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Quote by Rizzo228
arron i could get him to order it..and good arguments here but i am metalhead your the same as me..exact same thing all the time i dont know boys Alexi Lahio is kinda..my guitar god now a days but i want a nice guitar any one ever play them??? hows the speed and such for them if so??

I've played the LTD Alexi-600 and it was amazing! The neck felt perfect and the guitar sounded awesome.

Sadly, though, I don't have any experience with the Alexi-200. Its an LTD though so I'm sure that it is decent guitar.
I dinked around on one of these last year. It would've came home with me too if I had the cash for the case for it. Don't know why people rag on the 200 series ltd's so much. Sure, the 400's are better, but the 200's are fantastic for the price. I've owned my 255 for close to 6 years and it still sounds fantastic.

Anyway, if you like the guitar and don't mind not having a neck p-up, go for it. A p-up change would be in order sometime in the future, but I think you'll be happy with that guitar.

Quote by Ghold125
both are not that great, aka terrible guitars.
1) a V with a bolt on has little sustain
2) a V with a bolt on, then a floating trem, wow notes don't last long X(
3) basswood, meh.

not to be so negative but you might want to save for a better quality guitar

yeah............

1) Bolt-on guitars can sustain just as long as a neck-through
2) Bolt-on guitars with trems can sustain just as long as a neck-through
3) Ibanez uses basswood on 90% of their RG line. It's not a bad wood, just different
4) If you only use the 1, why bother with another?
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
yeah............

3) Ibanez uses basswood on 90% of their RG line. It's not a bad wood, just different

I have noticed some decrease in sustain between neck-thru, set necks, and bolt-ons but its really not enough of a difference to divert me from purchasing a guitar.

And I think its funny that all of the bolt-on neck and basswood body bashing was coming from someone who plays a Dean MLX!
Quote by mogar

Someday I am going to do an experiment to prove/disprove these sustain myths. I am sure neck through and set necks sustain better, but I am not sure if there is a significant difference. Either way, set and through necks are of higher craftsmenship than bolt on necks.

Both guitars look exactly the same to me, get the ESP (hahaha)
Set-neck and Neck-through does not automatically dictate level of craftsmanship. A prs ce-24 will more than likely hold a note longer than an epiphone les paul or an LTD 400 series.

It's all in the quality of construction/materials, not construction method.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by i_am_metalhead
And I think its funny that all of the bolt-on neck and basswood body bashing was coming from someone who plays a Dean MLX!

lol, it's not even made of basswood, some thing like Paulownia ( )
Quote by mogar
Set-neck and Neck-through does not automatically dictate level of craftsmanship. A prs ce-24 will more than likely hold a note longer than an epiphone les paul or an LTD 400 series.

It's all in the quality of construction/materials, not construction method.

I wasn't referring to the level of craftsmanship as in holding notes longer, I meant a higher level of craftsmanship because through and set necks are more difficult to make than a bolt neck in most cases.