I've got a crate v30 that has a spring reverb in it. it sounds ok but i would like to have something more for that old surf sound, i really dont know much about that stuff and thought someone on here would know if i could change whats in my amp or if i need to get somethin different and run it through the effects loop
Changing it probably isn't going to do much. I reckon the reverb has a lot more to do with the circuit.
Consider buying a good reverb pedal like the Line 6 Verbzilla. Probably will cost the same amount as a reverb tank.

That said, reverb tanks these days are usually connected to the amp by two wires. mine is, and I'd guess yours is too. Not hard at all to change.
oh really see i didn't know anything about a circuit. i hear the digital reverb wasn't that great but thats just what i've heard i really have never used one so i don't know, thanks for the info
If you want alot of different reverbs to use then a pedal would be the way to go. If you just want a different sounding reverb for your amp there are better tanks that can be bought. Most are just held in by couple of screws and 2 wires. Dont know what it would take to mod an existing built in reverb. My amp has a tone knob along with intensity so you can crank the reverb but turn the tone down so its not very bright.
awesome guys, thanks for your info, i'll have to do some searchin on the verbzilla and see what tank sounds are out there too
Quote by forsaknazrael
Changing it probably isn't going to do much. I reckon the reverb has a lot more to do with the circuit.

It'll sound much better if it's a crappy 1-spring tank. But it might need more power driving it, so you might have to modify the circuit, not sure on this though.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!