My ibanez arcore AM-73's pickups are really giving me a fuzzy tone, and i have a gig in two weeks. I know i have plenty of time to get it fixed, but i am not a very patient person. Can anyone give me advice on what to do, can i modify them or do i need new pick ups.

Ill just add that i know the fuzzy tone is coming from the pickups because i played on three different cords and amps just to make sure.

EDIT: Can you also give me some suggestions on types of new pickups.
Quote by vmanoman
damn....thats nuts. 2 nuts in fact. anyway, all that happened to me was i fell up a flight of stairs....like not up a few steps, but tripped at the bottom and fell up the entire flight.....
Last edited by blink18244 at Jun 17, 2008,
I have a solution

get new pickups
Gear:

2004 PRS Swamp Ash Special
Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
Check the wiring, 90% of the time thats the problem. You probably have to resolder them
btw, you dont mention what kind of tone are you seeking or what tone did you have before.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
dimarrios
or
seymour duncans
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
cant really go wrong with seymour duncans
as suggested, resoldering might fix the problem. ofter the hardware will have what is called a "cold" solder joint. Flux and resolder the joint. Use high-quality silver-bearing solder or some rosin core solder. heat to a higher temp (if you have a temp-adjust iron, if you dont, I suggest you get one such as a HAKKO 936) than you would normally for like, PCB work, as you will have a cleaner joint that way.
Go with GFS mean 90s or vintage 59s for vintage hollowbody tone.
a pair is about the same price as ONE SD pickup, and all the quality plus some.
guitarfetish.com
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!