I just tried plugging into my Vox Valvetronix AD30VT and the most confusing thing has happened. The jack refuses to accept about a quarter of an inch of my cord. There's nothing in the jack... what gives??
Quote by Mazzakazza
Play Meshuggah. It is the solution.
Um, is it a normal sized jack? You could open it up and see it the thing that contacts the tip of the jack got bent or something.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
a lot of vox 30 jacks fall into the amp. HOLD the jack. make sure the nut holding it is on tight.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Question, before opening the thing up. If the jack fell into the amp, wouldn't i be hearing a rattling and wouldn't the cord be going all the way into the hole left by the jack, not sticking out?
Quote by Mazzakazza
yeah, it didnt fall in. im saying make sure it doesnt. that it isnt loose, and that it's on tight.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

i know AC30s can be beastly to work on, but try opening it and seeing if the jack is bent. be be very careful, those high voltage warnings are NO JOKE and those capacitors CAN KILL YOU. i dont know how close you will be getting to them, and if you are not comfy with this prospect, take it in to a shop. if the jack is bent, they probably wont even charge you.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
I'm looking at it now, and it looks like the jack is definitely in there and everything looks tight. I'm not sure I feel okay opening the thing up... if it's an easy fix, will music shops not really charge much? I already have to fix the intonation on my guitar.
Quote by Mazzakazza
ok well the arm on the jack might just be bent too far in or something.

make sure you try the other end of the cable, or a different cable.

and as for intonation.

SETTING INTONATION: from icepoint...
Most electric guitars provide individual string length adjustment for setting intonation. Fine tuning this length insures that your guitar plays in tune all the way up and down the neck.

Using an electronic tuner, tune your guitar to pitch.
One string at a time, play the harmonic at the 12th fret and then play the fretted 12th fret note.
If the fretted note is sharper than the harmonic, increase the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
If the fretted note is flat compared to the harmonic shorten the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
Repeat the procedure on all strings until the harmonic and the fretted notes are the same.

tune up after every adjustment, and compare the fretted 12th and open string if you cant find the harmonic.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by utahotc
I just tried plugging into my Vox Valvetronix AD30VT and the most confusing thing has happened. The jack refuses to accept about a quarter of an inch of my cord. There's nothing in the jack... what gives??

sounds kind of like my girlfriend

except she won't accept my cord at all