I'm simply curious about whether UGers, if any, pay for at least some artists (or at least one) rather than downloading their material.

BTW: I'm not advocating illegally downloading anything. (Had to get that out of the way)

Anyways, what music (if any) do you actually purchase? IT may be a certain artist, album, track, whatever. Method of buying doesn't really matter. It's all going to fund the artist a new Mercedes.

My List:
Ayreon: Nothin' like holding a new Ayreon CD in your hands

The Beatles: I only buy Vinyl...my mom gave me a collection of 78 different vinyls from them, and I'm hoping to expand the collection

The Flower Kings: Mainly because I can't find them anywhere else

Porcupine Tree: My car doesn't have an iPod hookup, and songs like We Lost the Skyline are my favorite songs to listen while going to work.

EDIT: I just realized how small my list is. I'm partially ashamed of myself.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Well, I'll keep it very brief. I buy a decent amount of CD's, so the few in front of me are as follow's:
Bela Fleck & The Flectones (self-titled)
Guns N' Roses UYI I
The Who - Tommy
The Who - Quadrophenia
Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow
Jeff Beck - Wired
Jimi Hendrix - Blues, Band of Gypsys, Live At The Fillmore East, old vinyl's, all studio albums, etc.

that's by no means all of the artists whose CD's I buy though.
2 Rules I Go By:

Don't Pirate From:
1. Indie/Poor Bands
2. The Dead

The rest are pretty much fair game to me, as far testing waters, getting into a band. After that, if I like what I hear, I will actually buy the album.
I buy all my music. Nothing on my computers is illegally acquired.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
i buy what i deem worthy, it really doesnt matter what artist

but i am more willing to buy a cd from a less known band to help them get recognized than some bands that are already rolling in money
You are now blinking manually
the once in a blue moon times i buy a cd it has to b from my top 4 bands
system of a down
korn
nirvana
slipknot
mayb ill get the new metallica album
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
the hip
city and colour \
neverending white lights |------ just bought these 3 lately
oasis /

blink 182 from years ago lol and just bands that i really really like that i know im going to get my moneys worth. and a lot of canadian bands. if i can't get music that way i listen to the radio. the way it should be
Quote by Gunpowder
Just remember, you can't spell "Ugly" without "UG"

Quote by tands

nasstyman you are full of win in the same way tobacco companies are full of ****
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
None.

I'm a very bad person. Pirating is just much more convenient, especially since I'm a broke bloke with zero financial income.

This, except I do buy an album every so often of a band I REALLY like.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

Local stuff, bands that I really love (I'm working on my Flaming Lips collection ), anything on vinyl. I also have a strange tendency to buy music when I'm on vacation, even though there are plenty of great record stores around here....
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Doppelgänger
I buy CDs if I can't find them on the internet.

Same.
All my friends make fun of me because the only music I buy is in cd form and haven't downloaded any music ever..... then one of them had their computer crash and all their music was lost
Quote by yurfinlfntsy

The Flower Kings: Mainly because I can't find them anywhere else

You just earned a multiverse worth respect from me.

The Flower Kings kick ass.
I only have Paradox Hotel and Garden of Dreams, because I can't find them anywhere in Canada!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i recently bought black holes and revelations by muse having heard a couple of thier songs youtube and its one of the best albums i own
i also bought Wolfmother even though my brothers already downloaded all their songs from limewire
and of course Led Zeppelin
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Quote by Doodleface
You just earned a multiverse worth respect from me.

The Flower Kings kick ass.
I only have Paradox Hotel and Garden of Dreams, because I can't find them anywhere in Canada!

I've got a far from complete collection, but so far I have Garden of Dreams, The Flower King, Back in the World of Adventures, Paradox Hotel, and The Sum of No Evil.

I can't find ANY other album without purchasing them online, and I'd have to order from Sweden then lol.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
The last few CD's that I bought were...

Opeth - Watershed
Russian Circles - Station
Sculptured - Embodiment

And I agree. The Flower Kings kick ass.

As do Ayreon.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I download everything I can LEGALLY from Napster.

Then, when I come across something that I have to pay extra for *cough*metallica*cough*, I get it somewhere else.
Moser Custom Shop 5-string Scimitar
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
i havent bought one in a couple of months but i used to spend all my money on cds...slayer, megadeth, pantera, (old) metallica, chili peppers, gnr, sabbath, ozzy, judas priest, nirvana, foo fighters, black label society, machine head, trivium (yea i said it im a fan), velvet revolver, slash's snakepit (bought that **** on amazon), hendrix, tenacious d...all of that **** in the past year and a half...which is why im now broke and download
It's Cadillac rainbows and lots of spaghetti
And I love meatballs so you better be ready
I usually have a huge list of stuff I want. Every once in a while I go off to the music store and check off a few of those items.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Everything musical I but is CD's. I just bought the new Wolf Parade album today, so ****ING GOOD!

I usually go on CD buying binges and get five or six ones that I need, but right now I'm strapped for cash so yeah.
I usually buy CDs when I preorder them. Like I preordered Watershed, and Opeth album, because the previous 8 albums are all excellent. Same for As I Lay Dying, I preordered An Ocean Between Us. Basically I only buy when I really like the artist, and I know the album will be good.
Who dat?
I haven't had the cash to buy CDs for a few weeks but the last albums I've bought were:
Division by 10 Years
The Alchemy Index Vol 3 & 4 by Thrice
obZen by Meshuggah
Death is this Communion by High on Fire
I buy a few older releases that I can't get without DLing the bands entire discography, I also buy a whole lot of vinyl.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
None.

I'm a very bad person. Pirating is just much more convenient, especially since I'm a broke bloke with zero financial income.

Finally. I've been waiting here on UG as an operative for months to find something like this. I'm afraid your IP adress is being sent to the Department of Entertainment Services. Your pirating days are over.

-William Cromwell, Assosiation of Legal Media
Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
i very rarely download anything, usually ill only do it if theres one song that i like by a band but hate everything else by them

Usually ill buy CD's. i just like being able to look at my big stack of cds and feel smug knowing that im more of a music fan ten like 90% of the world
I buy things I really like. And local bands.

I have all Muse albums, all Dream Theater studio albums, all Rage Against the Machine albums, all John Butler albums, and then a lot of other stuff more or less random.
TS

Ayreon is a wonderful band, when is their next CD supposed to come out btw?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by IHATECHILDREN
I try and buy any CD I can get.

All other CDs I get from the public library.

This.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
i buy vinyls. thats pretty much it.
i hate buying CDs because it doesnt seem quite as really as vinyl, if that makes sense.

i like to buy vinyls, and then download the albums i bought from torrents or whatever.
because that way, im not exactly stealing the music because i already own the album.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Quote by <SpaceTime>
Finally. I've been waiting here on UG as an operative for months to find something like this. I'm afraid your IP adress is being sent to the Department of Entertainment Services. Your pirating days are over.

you spelled "association" wrong
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
I download, but I always buy when I have the money and when I get the chance. I prefer to have albums as cds as opposed to files on a computer. Plus, you get the liner notes, which doesn't come when downloading. And, I bought Nostradamus by Judas Priest today.
Quote by <SpaceTime>

You have failed so hard it's not even funny.

Yes it is

I laugh at you.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act