Right, I've just accidentally jabbed a hole in my speaker using the end of one of my leads. It's a peavey rage 158, yes, it's a practice amp, yes, blue marvels are crap, but please, I'd appreciate some decent advice.

1- any ideas on how much a re-cone would cost? (In NZD)
2- would it be worth trying to find a better speaker for the amp?
3- is it even worth repairing? (considering it's my only amp, i have no income what so ever, so essentially i'd be ampless for a good many months)

I did ring up my local music shop, they've got a spare blue marvel there for $50, think I should jump on it?
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
how much was the amp?
if the amp wasnt much more than $50, i wouldnt bother.
i would save up for a new amp, but if it will be super super super difficult to even raise the 50$, i would go ahead and just get a new speaker.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I'd leave it. No need to repair a crappy practice amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Keep it like it. Slashed speakers can sound sexy in a fuzzed out sort of way. That's how the beatles got some of their fuzz sounds back in the day.

You're thinking of The Kinks, man. That's how they got their fuzz tone in "You Really Got Me" and all those early hits.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Well over here everything is remarkably expensive.
As for raising the cash for another amp, it's not going to happen for months. And I have an entire week of performances next week, aswell as assessments for school.
My step dad thinks he might have an old amp rolling around his house somewhere, but if all else fails I think I'll go for the new speaker.

In the meantime, it's a small hole, would it be possible to fix it? (it's around the edge, about half a centimetre in size). If so, care to share as to how one would go about it?
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
Quote by Wulver
You're thinking of The Kinks, man. That's how they got their fuzz tone in "You Really Got Me" and all those early hits.

they both did it. actually, alot of people did it back then. some of the earliest rock and roll songs had that. clear back to the original version of train kept a rollin'. (i forget who did it originally, it would have been late 50s early 60s. it was before the yardbirds and aerosmith did it.)
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Wulver

The Beatles did it with their AC30 in songs like "Happiness is a Warm Gun" I am pretty sure. If not, find me the pedal that got them that tone and I will buy it!