I grew up in the 90's. At the age of 8 I'd play with my friends outside until long after dark, with no worries. My family would leave the door unlocked even when no one was home, without a care in the world. I live in what I believe to be a safe community, however it seems recently it's gone to shit.

Within the past two weeks, a girl at my school was raped, a 15-year old was robbed at gunpoint, and there was a knife fight that left a classmate dead and another critically wounded. Is this just the way our society has become? Or is my little neighbourhood becoming a breeding ground for criminals?
same with mine

my city of charlottesville was ranked #1 city to live in not too long ago

now, we actualy have a "ghetto (i use this term losely)" and there was a shooting there, some 20 some year old guy came in a robbed a house, there was a kid 8 years old who was playing his gameboy. the robber wanted the gameboy, the kid said no, so the robber shot the kid dead, all in front of the dad

my cities getting ****ed up too dude
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
what part of Ottawa is that ? I'll be sure to avoid it.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
i'm out in a suburb so it's not bad, but no one would ever leave their door unlocked or anything.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
i blame MTV.

Quote by divinecrossfire
same with mine

my city of charlottesville was ranked #1 city to live in not too long ago

now, we actualy have a "ghetto (i use this term losely)" and there was a shooting there, some 20 some year old guy came in a robbed a house, there was a kid 8 years old who was playing his gameboy. the robber wanted the gameboy, the kid said no, so the robber shot the kid dead, all in front of the dad

my cities getting ****ed up too dude

that REALLY pisses me off. seriously.
Last edited by !normajean! at Jun 17, 2008,
You're just starting to look at the world differently. Everything seems simple, safe, and innocent when you're a little kid.
Get used to it. Its everywhere. I live in NS...this s*** was almost unheard of, even in Halifax even 5 years ago. Pfft...now someone is disappearing or being killed or robbed..raped whatever like everyday. In the past 2 years, 3 women on the road I LIVE on were murdered. Before this...like the last murder was like 10 or 15 years ago. Society is decaying...what can we do?
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos
I never brag about how incredibly awesome I am.

I live out in rural suburban connecticut. Today after I mowed the lawn, I was by myself at 1 o'clock in the afternoon. When Put the lawn mower in the garage, I shut my garage doors. In a rural suburban area in the middle of the day.
nah the world is getting pretted fed up
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by master
You're just starting to look at the world differently. Everything seems simple, safe, and innocent when you're a little kid.

His parents weren't little kids, and he says they left the doors unlocked, and let their own children stay after dark.
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
Learn Aikido.
I don't know what I'm doing, but I still do it anyway...

Just for the lulz.
well, i live in a little town in western wisconsin, so there's not really a lot of violent crime here.

but yeah, people are really paranoid in this day and age.
Well, today's society is ****. So ya I'd say its happening everywhere. Its happening where i live. Well hasn't been any murders I don't think but some kid raped his step sister it was pretty fu**ed up.
Quote by RPGoof
Heavy metal indicates you are using meth, LSD, ecstasy or cocaine.
lol, it's kinda commonplace to see things like this where i live, being on the border of oakland and crap... but hey, it DOES make you realize....

WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO?!
People get knifed in my city all the time. Just the other week a 17 year old girl was dragged off the pavement, into a field, and raped- across the road from the house where we were having a band practice at the time (we didn't find out about it till 2am when the police were conducting enquiries). The other month someoone threw a large piece of wood throiugh my neighbour's window, nearly blinding the son. The bank down the end of my road got robbed in broad daylight. In Fresher's Week 2006, a fresher got raped in a lub by 4 locals...

Thing is, this sort of thing happens a lot. I think you just hear about it more when you get older.
its the fad of the new millennium. it's everywhere, sadly.
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
I think you're just becoming more aware of the world around you, and its misfortunes.
Who dat?
Yes, it is.
Well, it is here in America.
It's cool to start trouble, some (most) take it to far now.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

It's not happening here. But I live in kind of a rural area. I think that kind of thing happens to suburbs and cities. More people move in and eventually poverty and crime increase.
Now, I am in no way shape or form any more racist then any random person you pick off the street.....

...But my town used to be quite small and care free until low income housing popped up and all these "ghetto" kids began moving in. I don't care how anti-stereotype you are, since the first neighborhood was built the schools have never had more fights, bomb threats, robberies, gangs, or anything. A kid even brought a gun to school. Gas stations get robbed and the whole town is just a mess.
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
In my neighborhood, nothing is more dangerous than it ever used to be. It's just that the parents are more paranoid.

In fact, this park behind my house that used to be a popular hangout spot for drug dealers is now full of kids and families until around 8 every evening. That's because they started lighting up the part at night. Now all the local dealers have moved down the block to the park I used to play at in preschool.
I grew up in the 90's. At the age of 8 I'd play with my friends outside until long after dark, with no worries. My family would leave the door unlocked even when no one was home, without a care in the world. I live in what I believe to be a safe community, however it seems recently it's gone to shit.

Within the past two weeks, a girl at my school was raped, a 15-year old was robbed at gunpoint, and there was a knife fight that left a classmate dead and another critically wounded. Is this just the way our society has become? Or is my little neighbourhood becoming a breeding ground for criminals?

**** son, where in Ottawa was this? In Vanier?
Quote by adamk991100
I'm not in college, but i'd imagine the parties like the ones I just downloaded...

Quote by Weaponized
vagelier and PinkFender_69 are actually pretty dope
Hey, one of those people is me!

Just hang on a second, I'll be back.
****..I just broke up with my girlfriend and suddenly, I think "The pit will cheer me up"

...i was wrong
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

i think the media likes to pick it up
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
They just hid occurances like this from you when you were a child.

this. nothing has changed. you're just finally realizing sh*t like this happens and thats all part of growing up i guess.
Quote by dr_chainsaw0
the whole time i was expecting it to end in the fresh prince theme song

Quote by blackflag49
"You're only as fresh as your game", said the Lord - Corinthians 22:12
Detroit is still the most dangerous city in the states.

but i live on the other side of the state. Muskegon heights is kind of rough, though. you see a lot of people just sitting in the middle of some of the side roads. i don't know that there are any real gangs around, though, since i moved here recently.
Milwaukee, FTFL

kids are shot randomly here, i remember growing up and yeah we use to leave our **** unlocked, my dads car got ravaged last week 'cause he left it open, we lock all our doors now, we dont even live in a bad neighborhood

but the ghetto thats like 30 minutes away is really friggin bad, everytime you drive through it during the day theres at least one apartment blocked off with police tape from a shooting
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.