So I've been saving up, and I need to get a new amp. As it turns out, playing guitar through a bass amp gives you a bad tone. So as I know nothing at all about amps, I came to UG. I don't know if I should get a tube or a solid state. I play Iron Maiden, Metallica, but I do like to get into more mellower stuff at times, like Bob Marley. I have a Epiphone Les Paul Custom.

So UG, any amp recommendations? I don't really have a price range, since I've been saving up for a while. My highest would probably be like $1300 (US).

P.S.
I have a Boss Overdrive pedal that was a gift, and I like it, in case that affects anything.
That's a good amount of money there. My best advice is to go out and try some amps in your range. A JCM800 would get you some sick maiden tones. Mesa could work for you as they tend to be high quality versatile amps. Are you gigging?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
That's a good amount of money there. My best advice is to go out and try some amps in your range. A JCM800 would get you some sick maiden tones. Mesa could work for you as they tend to be high quality versatile amps. Are you gigging?

Eh, not really. I mostly gig with my bass, but by the end of the summer, which I will probably spend locked up in my room practicing sweep and alternate picking, I will probably be gigging.
And, most definatly I will try out amps, just going for reccomandations here.
Give a Traynor YCV40WR/50BLUE a look, I'm buying one pretty soon.
Great amp, cheap(eh...), very loud, great tone.
It's British voiced, tube, can't go wrong.
Sounds kinda like a marshall jcm800.... IMO
Guitars
------------------

Epiphone SG w/seymour duncan JB's

Hagstrom Super Swede

Amp
-----------------

Traynor YCV50 BLUE

Pedals
------------------

Line 6 DL-4

Boss TU-2