I will be running it through a valveking 112 to get more distortion, is the tubescreamer really worth it over the others??
It's better quality over the BM, and the SD-1's circuit is a bit different. If you want bang for the buck get a byoc overdrive. Comes with tons of mods.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
if you ask me, the difference is tone.
their all, to some extent, based off of the ts-808. the ts-9 and bad monkey are very close as far as circuitry goes. the ts-9 def. is built better.
the SD-1 it a little less based on the TS808, but still is based on it. it seems to get the most dirt, because it uses asymmetrical clipping. however, if your wanting to use the pedal over top of a dirty amp, you dont need all that extra dirt.
i think they are all pretty good sounding pedals, the TS-9 being my favorite, and lots of people on here swear by the bad monkey

edit/ instead of BYOC, i ordered my TS808 kit from www.generalguitargadgets.com
it was quite a bit cheaper
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I'm selling a TS-808 clone. PM me if your interested. It's almost a middle of the road kind of pedal IMO.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
From what I can tell you the SD-1 has less bass than the TS-9, but I'm not sure about the bad monkey.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Main reasons i like the Bad Monkey over them is the separate eq for high and low. Also its got alot more gain on the level side of things which is what i like in a OD pedal. And it seems to have less of or none of the mid hump the tubescreamer has.
Quote by RocknRollRay
From what I can tell you the SD-1 has less bass than the TS-9, but I'm not sure about the bad monkey.

This is true. I noticed that the SD-1 cuts out a lot of bass frequencies. The Keeley one is much better.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by chea_man

the SD-1 it a little less based on the TS808, but still is based on it. it seems to get the most dirt, because it uses asymmetrical clipping.

it was quite a bit cheaper

I also built my TS808 from that dealer. However i put in switchable Assymetric clipping, so that if i wanted the tone from the SD-1, it was there. However, in all honesty i just use the standard TS808 settings the most anyway.
I like the sd-1 but mine is stack modded so I don't know how it sounds like without it. But it is preference realy.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
if i wanna keep all my frequencies, for about $100 what is the best i can get? i use a godin and my amp is a peavey classic 30.
Hmm, it's all preference honestly. Some will prefer the Boss pedal, some wil prefer the BM, and some will prefer the TS-9.

I like 'em all...so I dunno
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory