Hi I was at my local GC the other day and I stumbled upon a used Ibanez Ex.

It was $200, so i figured thats reasonable.

It has a very nice finish, feels quite light weight, i prefer the shape a little more than the standard rg shape.

It has a HSH pickup configuration and has 24 frets with the sharktooth inlay. Gold hardware and a "licensed" floyd rose tremolo. Very small evidence of scratches or damaged.

So I have to know..whats the catch? Are Ex's generally ad? The guitar seemed to play very well and felt right. Does anybody have any background information on the now extinct Ex series?

Do you think I should buy it? Im quite tempted.
I think they are made in Korea, and the only problem i could really see would be the tremolo.
replace the liscensed tremelo if it makes you uncomfortable and your good to go
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
the tremlo's not bad i have one as a project guitar
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by sirlimecat
the tremlo's not bad i have one as a project guitar

well then your set dude, go buy your ex
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
They looked kind of hit or miss from the ones that I saw recently. If you can find one that doesn't have a bad fret job and was built well and solid, then go for it.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/