Reviews of MG100DFX Combo, because I like to laugh at others' stupidity.

Feature:
I vote 10 because I don't like too many features and prefer simple, straight forward setups. This amp is SIMPLE to use. So I give it a 10.

Quality:
I give this an 8 because I blew a fuse twice (never any damage to the speaker though). Easily fixed by the local Marshall repair man. Also, the cooling fan is a little noisy when you turn the amp on for the first minutes or two, but that quietens down to about the same level as a pc.

Value:
Seriously, for the same money I could have bought a regular amp that I would not have been happy with... but I bought a Marshall, best amp decision I've made.

Desirability:
Marshall tone is where it's at for lead. If this amp was stolen I would hunt down the thief and impale him with the headstock of my Ibanez.

Sound:
I use an Ibanez Jem with Breeds, a Prestige with EMGs, a Gibson Les Paul Historic Goldtop and an EBMM Petrucci signature model. This amp is amazing for playing lead. I have been playing neo-classical shred and metal for about 15 years and I am a certified tone junky. I guarantee this amp can create amazing tones for high gain solos. However... it is not the best for rhythm/crunchy riffs. The sound is still excellent but you will find that it doesnt move air like a Mesa. That's why I use this amp exclusively for recording all of my lead parts. Unlike Mesa amps which are a little fuzzy for lead, this amp produces crystal clear tones that spill over nicely into very controllable feedback if needed. Forget all of those guys who say to keep the gain down... it needs to be at the max! Try tweaking all of the dials between 1 and 2 o'clock with the gain at 10, reverb at 11am and delay to your own taste. It's one of the few tones that stays together at high speed and allows each note to ring through. One other thing, you will only unlock this amps full potential at high volume. It simply won't hit the sweet spot at bedroom levels. As far as the effects go, the onboard reverb is nice and the delya is useful, but lets face it, if you know anything about playing guitar you will record dry sounds and tweak later. Amps with modellers and bundles of effects do not come close to the real deal. Sure you could buy a JCM cab and will get a better live sound but for recording, I don't think you need go any further than the 100DFX.

Support:
Was recommended a local Marshall engineer when I had trouble, very helpfull, had the amp back next day sounding better than ever.

Overall:
I have to give it a 10. If you want extra heavy rhythm sounds go with a Dual/Triple Rectifier (I have aplenty of Mesa gear too) but Mesa wont give you the thick warm responsive tone you'll get from a Marshall for solos.

...and review two

Feature:
Effects are pretty good. Wish the pedal had more control like over reverb

Quality:
Looks good and works great.

Value:
Great sound and built in effects for the price.

Desirability:
I got it.

Sound:
Not a Tube amp, but close

Support:
Never had to deal with them

It makes you a superior person to make fun of other people's completely subjective opinions.
Hi, I'm Peter