Page 1 of 2
I know there's a drug thread, but I just want a few opinions and thoughts. I'm a regular pot smoker and lately I've been wondering why the slang terms for smoking pot all sound painful and unpleasant. Getting high is awesome, so why do we call it getting stoned, blitzed, blazed, baked, or ripped? Those all sound painful to me and being high is nothing like that. Why do they call it taking a hit? I guess sometimes it can be a little harsh, but I always enjoy taking a nice big drag (except gravity bongs, those bastards do hurt). If somebody would kindly give there opinion on this anomaly. And while your at it, maybe you could give your own theory on some other terms related to smoking. Why do they call it hot-boxing? Why do they say the blunt is canoeing when it is burning faster on one side than the other? Why do they call us stoners? What the **** does bong even mean? Do they call it a roach because it is supposed to look like a cockroach? When the bowl's done why is it cashed? I have my own theories, but I'd like to hear what the people think.
kill 'em a lot
Question: Are you high right now?
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
Because when the first people got high, they were so out of it and named everything in a very obscure manner.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
To push away n3w8z0rz.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
Because those are cool sounding words that fit when people started saying them. Hammered shouldn't mean drunk, but there's something about the vowel and consonant sounds that make it feel like drunk.
Because it does more harm than good. Killing brain cells for an hour of stress relief. Winding up in a federal prison for a cool day that you won't remember the next morning. Yeah sounds pretty painful to me.
you're right! Me and my friends "murder each other" every day after school!

Jk you're high.
I read all of that. I think I deciphered it. Good point. Personally, I don't care though, as long as I'm getting high

Because it does more harm than good. Killing brain cells for an hour of stress relief. Winding up in a federal prison for a cool day that you won't remember the next morning. Yeah sounds pretty painful to me.

And, you phail. you don't kill brain cells smoking pot, and its not like drinking, you can remember what you did when your high. It's not painful at all. Your just ignorant from all the lies the government and anti-pot elitists tell you.
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
Last edited by zedeathmetal at Jun 18, 2008,
Quote by Aussieloco

recent studies show smoking weed doesn't kill braincells
Quote by Aussieloco

uh oh, the anti-marijuana posts are starting. now this thread will now become a battlezone. my money is on closed by page 2, 3 at the latest.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by Aussieloco

how?
wait, morning? oh lawd, is dat sum chicken?
Quote by Aussieloco

I don't think either of those actually happen, well you might go to federal prison if you cross state lines with a lot of weed, but that's a pretty extreme case.

and I've never blacked out on marijuana, nor do i know anyone who has blacked out on marijuana, methinks you haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
1. I'm sure you can atleast go to a state prison.

2. Yes that is sum chicken. Smoke chicken not weed.

3. Yes, most threads involving illegal/harmful substances become a battlezone.

D. GET OFF MAH LAWN U HIPPIES!!!!
Quote by Aussieloco

Unless you are a repeat offender, have a whole crapload of weed on you, do something else illegal as well as having weed, or live in like Utah or something, chances are you won't go to prison, at worst you'll go to jail for a couple of months.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Alcohol has better ones:

- Shit Faced
- Wasted
- Hammered
- Ambushed
- Plowed
- Trashed
- Smashed
- Ass rammed <_<... >_>...
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Quote by Aaron321
recent studies show smoking weed doesn't kill braincells

He's right.

Google Norml

Theres also a new study out saying that Cannabis (thought i would use a less painfull term) has become 30x more potent.

Well mine and Norml's reply to that is "Thats 1 less bowl we have to smoke" which in a way weed being more potent is more healthy. I would rather take a 1 hitter quitter then a smoke 9 bowls of regular out of a pipe.
wat
Last edited by ForrestS at Jun 18, 2008,
Quote by digimon go!
because it's harmful for your health

Don't even start. They contradict anyone who even tries.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Unless you are a repeat offender, have a whole crapload of weed on you, do something else illegal as well as having weed, or live in like Utah or something, chances are you won't go to prison, at worst you'll go to jail for a couple of months.

In Utah you're definately screwed though.

That is one wacky state, you are right sir.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

and I've never blacked out on marijuana, nor do i know anyone who has blacked out on marijuana, methinks you haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about.

i have actually blacked out on it, it was only for a few seconds

made a good story cuz when i woke up i was holding the bong ready to take a hit,
You are now blinking manually
I know someone who always called it mashed.

It pissed me off to the extent I stopped toking with him.
Quote by Aussieloco

2. Yes that is sum chicken. Smoke chicken not weed.

3. Yes, most threads involving illegal/harmful substances become a battlezone.

D. GET OFF MAH LAWN U HIPPIES!!!!

I know minors who have been caught with weed and the cops just took it......You have no idea what you're talking about. and no I don't smoke anything...or drink for that matter.

I'm sure stoned came about because someone might have said you'll get stoned if your parents find you smoking pot. Some pothead teenager probably thought it was real clever to say "Hey d00d let's go get stoned!"
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I know minors who have been caught with weed and the cops just took it......You have no idea what you're talking about. and no I don't smoke anything...or drink for that matter.

I'm sure stoned came about because someone might have said you'll get stoned if your parents find you smoking pot. Some pothead teenager probably thought it was real clever to say "Hey d00d let's go get stoned!"

Fine I HAVE NO ****ING IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. I THOUGHT I WAS BEING CLEVER
Uh...Dave's not here, man.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Quote by i_eat_souls
I know there's a drug thread, but I just want a few opinions and thoughts. I'm a regular pot smoker and lately I've been wondering why the slang terms for smoking pot all sound painful and unpleasant. Getting high is awesome, so why do we call it getting stoned, blitzed, blazed, baked, or ripped? Those all sound painful to me and being high is nothing like that. Why do they call it taking a hit? I guess sometimes it can be a little harsh, but I always enjoy taking a nice big drag (except gravity bongs, those bastards do hurt). If somebody would kindly give there opinion on this anomaly. And while your at it, maybe you could give your own theory on some other terms related to smoking. Why do they call it hot-boxing? Why do they say the blunt is canoeing when it is burning faster on one side than the other? Why do they call us stoners? What the **** does bong even mean? Do they call it a roach because it is supposed to look like a cockroach? When the bowl's done why is it cashed? I have my own theories, but I'd like to hear what the people think.

dude...things have names
maybe you can't handle being baked so you should just give your weed to me
Quote by BladeSlinger

Actually, I believed stoned derived from feeling weighed down when you're high, as if you were full of stones.
Meh, I personally have never really liked smoking it. Every time I have had it its been pretty rough ****.
Well blazed would obviously refer to burning the pot as you smoke it.

And dude, canoing is obvious. When the joint burns out faster on one side, it starts to look like a canoe.

And you sir are most definitely blazed right now, this is such a blazed question.
Quote by Aussieloco

you're an idiot and i hate you

Edit: i dont mean it, i love you
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by Aussieloco
Don't even start. They contradict anyone who even tries.

I don't think anyone would argue a simple statement like that. Marijuana obviously isn't GOOD for you, and it changes your body, so yes its reasonable to say it is harmful.

The argument starts when you try to settle on a degree of harm, or how harmful it is compared to other things.
How do gravity bongs hurt?
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
thanks for reminding me to get some weed

Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Alcohol has better ones:

- Shit Faced
- Wasted
- Hammered
- Ambushed
- Plowed