What do you guys think the next generation of guitarists and just musicians will become? With all of these online lessons, tabs, and new things just coming up that the previous music greats were without, what is musics future looking at? (Im all for that stuff, Im self taught and too lazy to learn by ear) More people are just starting to look at the technical side of music, like people shredding without emotion or any feeling. Im not talking about bands out right now, Im talking about music twenty years from now and further. What do you guys think?
if the world still exists in 20 years
music will just be whatever the industry decides to shove down your throat
and musicians that play their own music, im convinced are either going to be either
A. guitarists bending one note and making funny faces calling it emotional
B. the most technically advanced guitarists in history
C. guitars wont exist in 20 years causing everyone to take up harmonica
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by AlskiOverload
What do you guys think the next generation of guitarists and just musicians will become? With all of these online lessons, tabs, and new things just coming up that the previous music greats were without, what is musics future looking at? (Im all for that stuff, Im self taught and too lazy to learn by ear) More people are just starting to look at the technical side of music, like people shredding without emotion or any feeling. Im not talking about bands out right now, Im talking about music twenty years from now and further. What do you guys think?

There is no emotion or feeling in music.
Quote by Crabs111
There is no emotion or feeling in music.

right, only notes...only 7 notes in fact...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
I think everyone will get over the appeal of guitarists that only sweep pick.. and find something actually worth listening to. Music will revert because we will run out of original ideas just like how a lot of movies lately are sequels and remakes.
Quote by bi-ah!

C. guitars wont exist in 20 years causing everyone to take up harmonica

I TOTALLY SEE THAT HAPPENING
Quote by bi-ah!
right, only notes...only 7 notes in fact...

only 12 notes (not counting semi-tones). learn your theory.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by deathbyawesome
only 12 notes (not counting semi-tones). learn your theory.

Isnt that Still wrong, because in C Major it Goes

C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C And thats & Different Notes, not Counting Semitones

C-#-D-#-E-F-#-G-#-A-#-B-C And thats 13 Different Notes.

You Confuse me

But music will probobly be The Jonas Brothers. they Rawk!
Quote by Tubyboulin
Isnt that Still wrong, because in C Major it Goes

C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C And thats & Different Notes, not Counting Semitones

C-#-D-#-E-F-#-G-#-A-#-B-C And thats 13 Different Notes.

You Confuse me

But music will probobly be The Jonas Brothers. they Rawk!

sorry, i misspoke, i ment those notes that you can get between the frets when you play slide guitar, i forget the name of them right now. Thanks for pointing that out though
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by Guitarfreak777
A A# B C C# D D# E F F# G G#

I count 12 notes my friend.

whoops, I guess we were both a bit Off haha

no wonder i got a 59 on that Math test
Music will be illegal in 20 years time......didn't you learn anything from Frank Zappa's albums Joe's Garage Act 1,2 and 3?

1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
I predict the invention of self player robot guitar that will mean that anyone can sound like a shred monster at the push of a little green button.
My Gear:
Fender '66 Reissue Big Block Jazzmater
Epiphone Explorer W/Duncan Invaders
Vintage V100 Lemon Drop
Squire Fat Strat
Laney LG12
Fender FM15 DSP(Broken )
in twenty years there will still be manual guitars cause ppl in the 50s said we'd have fly ships and laser guns that can kill you 100 miles away. but i think they will be crappy cause they will be in rap and that **** and if there are any real ppl left they will be listening to crappy **** like jonas bros-not the awsome kick ass metal and rock for the 80s-the 90s