Alright, my Soloing is in a Bit of a Rutt right now. Ive been pretty much using Pentatonic and Harmonic Minor Scales excusively, occasionally doing some Tapping on the High E. Do you guys have any Tips or Interesting Scales i could use to Spice it up a bit? Thanks
bebop scale is cooooool, my input is phrygian dominant....hm
it almost always is
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Quote by Tubyboulin
Alright, my Soloing is in a Bit of a Rutt right now. Ive been pretty much using Pentatonic and Harmonic Minor Scales excusively, occasionally doing some Tapping on the High E. Do you guys have any Tips or Interesting Scales i could use to Spice it up a bit? Thanks

I can tell you without question that your rut is caused not by your scale choice, but what you're doing with those scales.
Quote by :-D
I can tell you without question that your rut is caused not by your scale choice, but what you're doing with those scales.

It Probobly is, but Still some cooler sounding scales to mess around with might give me some Inspiration.

Plus, The Harmonic Minor cant always be used over the same chords as effectively as the Pentatonic and vice versa. Maby some new scales would work really well for some songs? I dont know though, my Guitar teacher doesnt really teach much on Lead guitar
Quote by Tubyboulin
It Probobly is, but Still some cooler sounding scales to mess around with might give me some Inspiration.

Plus, The Harmonic Minor cant always be used over the same chords as effectively as the Pentatonic and vice versa. Maby some new scales would work really well for some songs? I dont know though, my Guitar teacher doesnt really teach much on Lead guitar

Here's a thread in which I made a long post about pentatonic creativity, it's near the bottom of page 1. See if it helps.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=855723
Here's a thread in which I made a long post about pentatonic creativity, it's near the bottom of page 1. See if it helps.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=855723

Thanks, That did help. Ive got a Show on Sunday, with around 3 Different Solos and a Jam at the end with solos All in the One song, so yeah i was Hoping i could stop playing the same 4 Licks over and over

playing Lead guitar is Stressfull...
Quote by Tubyboulin
Thanks, That did help. Ive got a Show on Sunday, with around 3 Different Solos and a Jam at the end with solos All in the One song, so yeah i was Hoping i could stop playing the same 4 Licks over and over

playing Lead guitar is Stressfull...

Practice some things that you want to incorporate; basically, take away what restricts you so it's not stressful. You'll free up a lot and play the music instead of stringing licks together.
Practice some things that you want to incorporate; basically, take away what restricts you so it's not stressful. You'll free up a lot and play the music instead of stringing licks together.

So Practice a Full solo, instead of Just different licks i tie Together on the Spot?
Quote by Tubyboulin
So Practice a Full solo, instead of Just different licks i tie Together on the Spot?

Work on approaching a solo as a journey; look at the progression underneath, come up with a nice lead-in to set up tension then release it and melodically finish up. Tie the entire story together and then throw in whatever embellishments you want to use.
Work on approaching a solo as a journey; look at the progression underneath, come up with a nice lead-in to set up tension then release it and melodically finish up. Tie the entire story together and then throw in whatever embellishments you want to use.

You sound a bit like a Prophet But thank you very much for the Advice, ill be sure to work on it tommorow.

Quote by Tubyboulin
You sound a bit like a Prophet But thank you very much for the Advice, ill be sure to work on it tommorow.

Haha, I do what I can to help.

Just keep this in mind -- you're up on stage to communicate something. If you can find the most effective way to communicate, your message will be the most resonating.