I recently bought and built a kit from OLC circuits, the Thunderchief one I believe it was called and just loved it. So I decided to try to set up shop and continue as a hobby. I have one of those cheap 30 Watt soldering irons and I decided I might get two more pedals from it. But what other electrical components should I buy? I have around $120 to spend just to set up a basic shop. Most of this is probably going to come from AllElectronics. What components do pedal builders almost always need and use?Now I understand I need to look at scematics to figure out what exact parts I need but I mean it can't hurt to have a general selection of parts at hand, right? Voltage ranges of resistors...kind of transistors yeah. I'm not going to beg for you to explain all of this too me as I've obtained some knowledge from the OLC kit.And one more question...Someone explain breadboards to me. Can you run the circuit when it's on a breadboard cuz that would have saved me a lot of frsutration with the kit.Well, thanks for reading all of that. I do tend to ramble but I greatly appreciate all help. Substantial or small. ThanksCheers*

Alright. I kinda just found Beavis Audio Research and Small Bear Electronics so that just kinda answered my question = /
Last edited by freeloader1504 at Jun 18, 2008,
lol, just make sure you got battery snaps and stuff, basic things that you forget about
lol@u
A breadboard is just a piece of plastic with holes in it, so you can mount stuff on it and connect with wires.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Resistors (1/8W carbon film or metal film)...
100R
390R
1M

Capacitos (go with whatever composityion floats yo boat)
0.001mF
0.0022mF
0.0047mF
0.01mF
0.022mF
0.033mF
0.047mF
0.068mF
0.1mF
0.22mF

2n3904, 2N3906, 2N5088, MPSA13, J201, BS180, BC109, BC108
JRC588D, TL7802
LEDs, DC jacks, battery snaps, 3PDT, DPDT, SPDT toggle switches and stop...Mono and stereo jack.

Wire, enclosure...

I usually hate these threads,,,but there ya go.