Hey I'm really new to this, but I've been playing my Ibanez RG for a year now, and since I mostly play Pop-punk stuff, I kind of want a brighter sound, and I was wondering if putting Fender Super Bullets in 9s maybe on it would help with that.
The brand of strings doesn't make any difference on your tone, imo (a lot of people agree with that statement, a lot of people disagree).

If you've had the same set of strings on your guitar for a year, though... you need some new ones, and whatever they are they'll going to brighten your tone up a lot, regardless of the brand. Depending on your strings and how sweaty your hands get, strings normally get old and crappy sounding from after 2 weeks to a month or two.
Some strings can be brighter than other brands. The only real difference with the bullets is the end of the string. They have the bullet end made for fender wammies versus the ball end most strings have.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
The brand of strings doesn't make any difference on your tone, imo (a lot of people agree with that statement, a lot of people disagree).

If you've had the same set of strings on your guitar for a year, though... you need some new ones, and whatever they are they'll going to brighten your tone up a lot, regardless of the brand. Depending on your strings and how sweaty your hands get, strings normally get old and crappy sounding from after 2 weeks to a month or two.

I'm one who disagrees, to each their own. IMO strings make a huge difference in tone.

Hmm, try D'addario Prosteels. I use regular D'addarios and I like them. On their website the Prosteels are listed as the brightest ones they have. I don't personally believe that Fender Bullets are the best choice.
Quote by TheProducer
I'm one who disagrees, to each their own. IMO strings make a huge difference in tone.

Hmm, try D'addario Prosteels. I use regular D'addarios and I like them. On their website the Prosteels are listed as the brightest ones they have. I don't personally believe that Fender Bullets are the best choice.

the regular D'addario's and the Fender Bullets are both nickel-plated steel and will sound the same - I think that is the point he was trying to make.

the prosteel are solid nickel? naturally they will sound different.
SRV R.I.P.
Quote by dpv
the regular D'addario's and the Fender Bullets are both nickel-plated steel and will sound the same - I think that is the point he was trying to make.

the prosteel are solid nickel? naturally they will sound different.

Hmm, I would argue that nickel-plated steel of one brand isn't going to sound the same as nickel-plated steel of another. Albeit not a night and day difference by any means.

I suggested Prosteels simply because I quite like D'addario strings on my acoustic and electric and he wanted a brighter sound, so according to http://www.daddario.com/DADFElectric.aspx?ID=1 the Prosteels are brighter than the standard D'addarios.