So i'm finally getting a good job this summer ($100 a week) i'll be gettin around $400 probably $500 cause i won't be working the whole summer.

the point is, i want to develope and get more experimental sounds (think about radiohead and the mars volta)

my amp already has reverb, tremolo, phaser, flanger, chorus and delay, altough i'll be getting a delay stompbox

on my list there's only the boss DD-7 (which thanks to a friend, i'll be gettin it around $200) as i said, my amp has delay built in, but this pedal has a ton of stuff in it (looper, reverse sounds, tap delay and more)

so... anything else?

BTW: EHX Polychorus and Digitech Whammy are out of the question, wouldn't work for me
Amp?
Fuzz, or a harsher than amp pedal for high gain.
Something that uses octaves, POG, pitch shifter. Those are very common in both Radiohead and Mars Voltas music.

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
please dont say you have an mg...
lol but anyways...

an eq pedal can actually let you sculpt your tone. And if your amp has an effects loop it can make your amp as treble boosted, or mid scooped, or whatever the hell you want. I feel that ever since i plugged my eq pedal into my effects loop i have to tell the world, lol
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
please dont say you have an mg...
lol but anyways...

Could be a Spider...
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
500 in what currency?
it says mexico, but im not sure. how much would that be in US?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
500 in what currency?
it says mexico, but im not sure. how much would that be in US?

500 in US dollars... which is around 5100 on my country... it could be less though, and the effects in my amp are really good (fender deluxe 900) i've nailed my tone, altough it's a solid state amp, it sounds awesome...

the point is, i don't need a better tone i just want to experiment, i don't want a multieffect pedal cause i want to operate the effects live and independiently

@ rhymeswith suck
: the octave stuff is not my thing, but the fuzz seems like a good idea, thank you
Uh dude. 200 for a DD-7 is a complete ripoff. You can get them for 160 on Musiciansfriend.

If you were bound and determined on spending 200 on a delay though, than I would have to recommend a DD-20.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
I think an EQ and some kind of fuzz/distortion pedal would do you good.

Depending on how close you are to the US, you could probably get some really cheap stuff.

Anyway, I suggest the MXR M-108 and a Big Muff. The Big Muff is my favorite distortion pedal, and is very versatile. Coupled with the EQ, you can get some Black Sabbath heavy to some nice rich blues tones.
Quote by SSL27
Uh dude. 200 for a DD-7 is a complete ripoff. You can get them for 160 on Musiciansfriend.

If you were bound and determined on spending 200 on a delay though, than I would have to recommend a DD-20.

the list price for the dd7 is a bit higher of what i'm going to pay... which is really good for me, specially in my city also, i can't buy from musiciansfriend, and the dd20 it's just over the top

so, by now i have in mind

dd-20
big muff pi

keep the suggestions coming, thank you!
Damn. I make like 300 a week. I made off like a bandit!

TS, also GT-10. I own one.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
What amp are you using??

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Damn. I make like 300 a week. I made off like a bandit!

TS, also GT-10. I own one.

thank you, but i'm not looking for hundreds of effects... i just want something to have fun, i don't want tons of amp presets or different distortions, i want to create more atmospheric/experimental sounds, the delay and the fuzz seem like a good idea... and i think i won't be needing anything else...

altough, more suggestions would be really good
What amp are you using???
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by mcrfobtai
wah? i would get stompboxes for those effects because i have found that built in effects generally suck.

i already have a wah, i'm just going to mod it, and believe me, the effects in my amp are really good, surprisingly good.

i think i'll stick with the muff and the delay... thank you for your help!