i tried both, i really like them both. i might buy the S5470, but what do you guys think is better? discuss please:
If you can afford it, I'd go for the s5470. The mahogany sounds so much more beefy.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
i would get the s5470.. i love the s series, and im getting one soon.. too bad it only comes in two colors, but the transparent black sunburst is sex.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Quote by fli.pansy
i would get the s5470.. i love the s series, and im getting one soon.. too bad it only comes in two colors, but the transparent black sunburst is sex.

yes i am planning on getting the Transparent Black Sunburst.
s5470.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
the oiled mahogany is better imo. but yeah i would get the s over the rg. i played the s5470 yesterday and loved it.

the s series is a little more comfortable than the rg series. it doesnt look as metal though if thats what your into. on the other hand, the suits classic rock n blues better. the mahogany doesnt really make that much diff imo cause the body is smaller than an rg anyways.
Last edited by no_thing101 at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by TheRstar
ok so clearly S5470 > RG1570

but what about

RG vs S series?

Until you're talking about the prestige models, it's no contest.

ZR Trem > Edge III. End of story.
i hate my edge 3. i played for about 7 hours today and had to tune it about 20 times. its so unpredictable. sometimes it stays in tune for a week and sometimes 10 minutes. gaaaaaaah!!

i havent owned a ZR trem to compare it to but i would imagine that its much better.
How was the sustain on the S5470?

I've heard the ZR-II trem doesn't sustain very well.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
i didnt really specifically test the sustain or anything but nothing seemed overtly flawed about it. i wouldnt worry about it if i were you.