I've been working on a song in 3/4 for the past couple days and now I find 4/4 a bit awkward for me.. any tips to get 'back in sync'?
play in 4/4...
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Exactly. Play in 4/4. Maybe play in a different key or mode or whatever.
For some reason, I always associate Dorian mode with 3/4 timing, it feels natural for me, the way I sync the chords up. It's wierd, but I know what you're saying. On the other hand, most minor scales are comfortable in 4/4 for me. Major scales are mostly in 2/4ish. It's hard to explain, but try out different things. Make a jam track and improvise over it in a different time sig.
Quote by one vision
For some reason, I always associate Dorian mode with 3/4 timing, it feels natural for me, the way I sync the chords up. It's wierd, but I know what you're saying. On the other hand, most minor scales are comfortable in 4/4 for me. Major scales are mostly in 2/4ish. It's hard to explain, but try out different things. Make a jam track and improvise over it in a different time sig.

I don't know what a mode is. I guess I'll just play it off.
Quote by Lucid Like Life
I don't know what a mode is. I guess I'll just play it off.

Take a look at the Theory FAQ thread if you want to divulge further. But yes, simply playing or composing in 4/4 should rid you of confusion.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
You're all really making this too complex. Just count 1 2 3 4 in your head and make up something. If you keep on playing you'll get used to it. There's nothing else that'll really help you except for playing in it.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
^+1
Quote by one vision
Same for some strange reason.

Think 1 2 3 4. When writing in 4/4, the first and third beats are stressed. This is why I'd suggest people to start writing in 3/4, theres only 1 stressed beat in 3/4.
try listening to music in 4/4 and tapping your foot to it or something
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.