does anyone have any suggestions on a good quality loop pedal that is somewhat cheap? one that you can record a decent amout of loops that are decently long hah. thaaaanks for hearing me out.
Best one out there for a decent price is the Boss RC-2 for $179 over at musiciansfriend.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-RC2-Loop-Station-Stomp-Box?sku=487040

i'm new to this whole pedal scene so i am having a little trouble deciphering the feature on it.
it can record 11 phrases and layer them on top of each other then?
haha.
sorry, i guess i'm not good at english either apparently.
here's what i get from it.
-11 phrases you can record and layer on top of each other
-total of 16 minutes can be recorded

correct? am i missing anything?
The Akai Headrush only has 35 seconds of loop time - however, that is plenty for pretty much anything. And the phrases with the RC-2 mean, that you can record something in phrase 1, for example chords. Then you can overdub some volume swells over it, for example, and save the phrase. Now, you can use phrase 2 which is empty at the moment, and if you want to go back to what you recorded first, just turn it back to phrase 1. The phrases are "banks" or sort, whatever you want to call them. You can have 11 "loops", total time 16 mins. You can layer things on one phrase as much as you want, there's no limit that I'm aware of.

Edit: The Headrush has a delay pedal in it too btw, so it's probably more bang for the buck if you also want a delay pedal.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
thanks guys, this is really helping me out!
so 35 seconds of loop time means a 'layer' you record can only be at max, 35 seconds long, but you can record endless amount of layers as well?
hah. i was definately watching that moments ago.
KT is awesome, she's the one who got me so interested in the pedals!
Quote by thegoodlife

so 35 seconds of loop time means a 'layer' you record can only be at max, 35 seconds long, but you can record endless amount of layers as well?

Yes.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
i was thinking about the akai e2 headrush but it was $300.
but on musiciansfriend it's only 173.99.
why is that site so awesome?
or does it mean like euros or something hah.