Page 1 of 2
I was driving down a hill with my friend about 2 hours ago. We like to put the car on neutral and so he put the car on neutral while I was driving and said he put it on neutral. I thought he said to put it on neutral so I put up the transmission up one, putting it to reverse. There was a big pop on my car engine but I didn't think of it. About 5 seconds later my friend screams "You put it on reverse!!!" and pulls it back to drive. After that I couldn't steer the car or break. And going down a curved hill is pretty bad when you can't break or steer. So we went down the hill for another 20 seconds or so while I was freaking out I turned the emergency lights on and pulled the e-break. Thankfully we slowed and pulled up at the shoulder.

I almost died...
M U S E
Learn to drive, then.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
If you didn't act like retards and took driving remotely seriously, this wouldn'tve happened.

I do not pity you.
You can't fight natural selection. It's only a matter of time.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
this is why you need to drive a stick.

that way you could have just slapped on the e-brake and drifted the corner

:-D!
ESP LTD Viper-50
Dean AK48
Marshall MG-15
Peavey Sheffield 4x12
Peavey Transtube Supreme Head
Zoom 505 II
Was it a manual or automatic? Regardless how can you not tell it was already in neutral from the gear stick's position.
Quote by jycottonmouth
....Thanks for the support...

We'd be more supportive if this wasn't so stupid. I would suggest learning to drive stick before attempting something dumb.
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Don't be an idiot then. Seriously you're giving yourself and your friends a deathwish.

If you were driving and your friends died imagine how bad you'd feel now, of course you didn't put it in 'reverse' or whatever but still. You'd feel horrible. Just be sensible when driving.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Why do they give licenses to dumbass drivers...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
haha. everyone's picking on you. that would've scared the hell out of me.
You are not a slave...
Quote by aig91
We'd be more supportive if this wasn't so stupid. I would suggest learning to drive stick before attempting something dumb.

Amen!

hah.
ESP LTD Viper-50
Dean AK48
Marshall MG-15
Peavey Sheffield 4x12
Peavey Transtube Supreme Head
Zoom 505 II
Quote by jycottonmouth
It took 20 seconds to realize that I was gonno die.

So you thought about dieing before thinking about solving the problem?

You need to get your priorities straightened out.
wait... you can't just put an automatic into reverse with out stepping on the brake... and pushing the button on the gear select...
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Man,where do you live?I'm barely learning how to drive but if you got a license,I should be able to!
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by RPGoof
That must've been pretty ****in scary.
Better story than that one sub teacher told us about how she died eating a sandwhich and came back

Is your sub named Mama Cass by chance?

anyways.... to TS... you sir are an idiot. Learn to drive.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
"...and we like to put the car in neutural..."

There's your problem...
I believe in Rock and Roll. Can I get an Amen?

Quote by rizo299
A drunk guy on the the bus asked me if i remembered the 60's. I told him i was 17 then he told me that everyone remembers the 60's.

I thought about it, and frankly, I couldn't fault his logic.
I do not think you almost died you could of got hurt. Then if you did then you can say you almost died. My op *)
you probably should have just shot yourself in the head
that way it wouldnt have put other motorists and pedestrians in danger
Quote by aig91

I'm not sure this had a Manual transmission.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
you're not by any chance a woman?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Bayonetwork
You can't fight natural selection. It's only a matter of time.

I loled.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
You didn't 'Almost Die'.

Hell, you didn't even get hurt!

Learn to drive...
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
This does not make sense to me.

If the car was a manual then you would have to force the shifter into reverse while it grinded away at you.

If it was an automatic then the gear selector would not allow you to put it into reverse while moving forward.

In any case, even if you did get it into reverse somehow there is no reason it would lock the steering or brakes. The only time the steering wheel is locked is when the key is removed from the ignition. The brakes in a car will always function unless there is a a serious problem with the brake system.

Either you were driving a car from the 40s or the story we are getting is not what really happened.
Quote by AirForge
This does not make sense to me.

If the car was a manual then you would have to force the shifter into reverse while it grinded away at you.

If it was an automatic then the gear selector would not allow you to put it into reverse while moving forward.

In any case, even if you did get it into reverse somehow there is no reason it would lock the steering or brakes. The only time the steering wheel is locked is when the key is removed from the ignition. The brakes in a car will always function unless there is a a serious problem with the brake system.

Either you were driving a car from the 40s or the story we are getting is not what really happened.

+1
That is a stupid idea dude. A new transmission is f'n expensive as hell, good thing nothin happened though.
This is exactly what Darwin was talking about. Why weren't you selected against?

edit: Jesus, beaten!
Quote by im_hungry, imthehitcher, DeathTouch666, BobMarleysGhost, catchy phrase, flyman, cheeseman3001, Cpt.Jackass, evening_crow, just17n8, Ziggums, MoleMania, Baa I'm a Sheep, x_themetalfan_x, hippy12:

Give him a handjob

Had to consolidate the sig.
Last edited by FrothingLunatic at Jun 18, 2008,
A car can be put into reverse while its going along. Its not a good idea, but it can be done. Im guessing that maybe the engine stalled itself after this, hence hard braking. With no vaccum it would be near on impossible, plus without the PS Pump being driven you're fighting againsts hydraulic pressure to turn the wheel.

Why shift the car into neutral anyway? Most cars computers will notice the load on the engine is decreased and map the fuel way down so you'd be running like you were in neutral anyway.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
This is why you drive manual. "If in doubt, both feet out" - i.e. stand on the brake and clutch simultaneously.
LtBrenton

Quote by Douglas Adams
The art of flying lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Quote by soulflyV

If I didn't have a mudkip in there, I'd sig that.

http://ltbrenton.wordpress.com My blog. Check it out.

☠ ☠ ☠
|I despair at people who can't drive properly, i hope you arer alright and i am glad you didn't die (although i wouldn't have known if you did) but learn how to drive, or at least pick a manual with contrary to popular belief is easier
Page 1 of 2