Page 1 of 3
If you're not american answer it.

if you are american, i'm from new zealand. do you know anything about it.

sorry if i come off patronizing, but this is just to see something.
I guess a lot come across as ignorant, but I don't really know them all so I can't make too good of a judgement.
I is not stupid.

Have you heard of Texas? Do they teach you about that in New Zealand
wat
I've found that most americans can be pretty ignorant, and arrogant, if anything.
To me they just seem TOO patriotic, and there is such thing as too patriotic.
of course I don't want to throw them all into a stereotype
Well that depends do you mean ignorant in general or ignorant on another subject
BromptonCocktail of the A7X Army PM Copius
You're ignorant for making sweeping generalisations.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
not the all blacks they suck. our entire news hour is just DOMINATED by all blacks news. we lost a game in the world cup last year and there are still people saying the coach should be sacked.

I'm ignorant for making sweeping generalizations?

excuse me, but not once did i directly say americans are ignorant.
So you're saying that if we don't know much about another certain country, we're automatically ignorant?

So I could point out any single country in particular to you TS, and you'd give me some base facts right on the spot without looking it up to save yourself?

Not knowing about all the places that we might be asked about in our daily life for whatever reason doesn't make us ignorant.

It's the jackasses that say they know what they're talking about when in fact, they haven't the slightest clue.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
despite the definition of the word "ignorance", its use in this context seems to suggest the modern meaning, which is more along the lines of "bigotry" and "intolerence", in which case i would suggest that yes - a large fraction of the american population (greater than most other countries) are "ignorant"

However, i wouldnt say that lack of knowledge about new zealand suggests complete ignorance. Lack of knowledge in itself (the original definition of ignorance) seems to lead to the intolorence that americans are commonly seen to project (common usage of ignorance). I know plenty of people who are quite uneducated and uninterested in matters that dont directly concern them, but are open minded and free-thinking enough to avoid prejudices, etc.
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by ForrestS
I is not stupid.

Have you heard of Texas? Do they teach you about that in New Zealand

You mean Texas, which was the largest American state until America bought Alaska from the Russians?
Yeah they teach us basic Geography here.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by Td_Nights
So you're saying that if we don't know much about another certain country, we're automatically ignorant?

So I could point out any single country in particular to you TS, and you'd give me some base facts right on the spot without looking it up to save yourself?

Not knowing about all the places that we might be asked about in our daily life for whatever reason doesn't make us ignorant.

It's the jackasses that say they know what they're talking about when in fact, they haven't the slightest clue.

Erm...
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by Td_Nights

I would, yes.
Quote by telecastrmastr

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Americans have a tendency to latch on to a belief, then defend it with blind faith when they no nothing about the subject. They have had literally some of the dumbest people govern their nation. Why would pardon Nixon? Why is bush in charge? And why did nixon get re-elected when he is campaigning for the same things that he didn't do the first time round. Also quite a few of them are racist. Why would you support McCain just because hilary gave up and Barack Obama is black? This is why americans are dumb.
um yeah, this was sort of aimed at NON-americans just to see what people thought. and what did you want me to list 20 ****ing questions about a range of different subjects?

i asked one question ok. so far i haven't heard that many answers.
Quote by solid_moose
I would, yes.
then its lack general knowledge that we're talking about, as opposed to "ignorance" really?
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Most of the western world is ignorant. The US has a big media influence onto the rest of the world, making the American lifestyle widely known. So everyone would say "Stupid americans"when infact the best part of the west is just as stupid. Don't get me wrong there's most likely smart people there as there is all over the world. Just America gets picked on for being the most stupid/ignorant.

I know ignorance i live in Australia.
Quote by solid_moose
You mean Texas, which was the largest American state until America bought Alaska from the Russians?

You Googled that.

I think a lot of us are ignorant because the majority of us belives in what there parents taught them I.E. Racisim, Drugs are Bad, All Middle Easterners are Terroists.
wat
Quote by mon_the_fraser
Americans have a tendency to latch on to a belief, then defend it with blind faith when they no nothing about the subject. They have had literally some of the dumbest people govern their nation. Why would pardon Nixon? Why is bush in charge? And why did nixon get re-elected when he is campaigning for the same things that he didn't do the first time round. Also quite a few of them are racist. Why would you support McCain just because hilary gave up and Barack Obama is black? This is why americans are dumb.

Nice generalizing douche. You're ignorant.

Quote by rabidguitarist
You're ignorant for making sweeping generalisations.

+1
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by solid_moose
I would, yes.

Vanuatu. Only it's not fair because you have the interwebz.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by ForrestS
You Googled that.
i doubt it. Assuming TS is talking about general knowledge, then hes right. americans dont get taught **** in school, and a great deal dont tend to find out anything for themselves either
Quote by mr.happyman
ahhhh theres a bloody aussie in my thread. get the hell out before i unleash my dingoes on your newborn!!!
Here's the deal with Americans, I'm American, but I tell the truth, unlike most. HAHA! Anyway, everyone is arrogant and ignorant, EVERYWHERE, it's human nature to think you are better than someone else and no one knows EVERYTHING. The reason every thinks Americans are worse is because everyone that is shown on the media blatantly act that way. The whole "too patriotic" thing, another part thrown in by the media. There are so many people that are against the government, the wars, the military, but the media doesn't want to show that to the world. They want to make America look better than everyone else so they just show what they want you to see.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
no were not ignorant
who cares about some stupid little island that nobody's ever heard of anyways

check and mate.

you're english? why the hell would you move to australia? i mean sure its hot but 6 month water shortages don't appeal to me.
Quote by solid_moose

nice googling

what a retarded topic
"I sorta don't trust anyone who doesn't like Led Zeppelin"
-Jack White
Quote by mon_the_fraser

Dude you are totally correct. I however are not one of these "stereotypes" you are discribing. Matter of fact the way most of my fellow americans act pisses me off.
wat
Quote by mon_the_fraser
Also quite a few of them are racist. Why would you support McCain just because hilary gave up and Barack Obama is black?

Because there's no reason to vote for McCain other than hating black people. You couldn't have an ideological issue with Barrack, oh no. It means Americans are racists.

(not voting for McCain)
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Quote by lespaul5391
nice googling

what a retarded topic

HEY! WHATS WRONG WITH TEXAS?

^Dont answers that.
wat
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
no were not ignorant

Eh, I've never heard of it either. I was pretty sure TS hasn't either, so I decided to post that country.
Follow me on Twitter
You have just displayed your vast ignorance by asking such a question.
Of course, there will be more then one type of one person in a country.
Unless if they were cloned, and subjected to similar treatment.

edit:

Even if they were subjected to similar treatment, the odds of an exact copy is very unlikely. So my bad guys.
Last edited by jibran at Jun 18, 2008,
Quote by ForrestS
HEY! WHATS WRONG WITH TEXAS?

^Dont answers that.

I'll answer it, everyone there is compensating. "Everything's bigger in Texas." Yup...compensation.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
no were not ignorant

New Zelands actually two islands

So you just proved the stero-type there, unless you were being sarcastic...

Quote by devourke

you're english? why the hell would you move to australia? i mean sure its hot but 6 month water shortages don't appeal to me.

The parents moved i tagged along as i was only 14 at the time, so i didn't get a choice. The water restrections don't get enforced that much and perth gets enough rainfall anyway.
Last edited by Griff_Kid at Jun 18, 2008,
Quote by brandon369852
Vanuatu. Only it's not fair because you have the interwebz.

See, you wouldn't of said Vanuatu if you knew that New Zealand and Vanuatu are basically next to each other.
Quote by telecastrmastr

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by jeowy
i doubt it. Assuming TS is talking about general knowledge, then hes right. americans dont get taught **** in school, and a great deal dont tend to find out anything for themselves either

Thats not my fault.
wat
Quote by lespaul5391
nice googling

what a retarded topic

I didn't google actually, its pretty basic knowledge, and I enjoy Geography.
Quote by telecastrmastr

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Americans are actually really nice people. We get a lot of **** from other people from other countries because of our government. which in my opinion, isn't fair. If you were to go to the heart land of America (that being the center of the states) you'd find it to be very warm and friendly. Don't judge what you see hear or read about on the internet, tv or radio. Thats kind of contradicting considering on my behalf though since im trying, not to dominate and say "LOVE AMERICA!", but to say it's not always the truth what you hear.
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
i lol at the fact that all of the americans think that TS googled the thing about texas, even though its common knowledge all over the world
Quote by mr.happyman
Page 1 of 3