Page 5 of 39
All this recent stoner talk has got me inspired to start a second solo project

Here's a preview of something I've been playing around with for the past few hours.
Attachments:
stoner.zip
Quote by beadhangingOne
just sort of a quick question. Could Sweet Leaf be considered the first stoner metal song created?

COULD IT?! It IS the first stojnemr song ever created, man!

Swee3t LEaf is undeniably yhe first song to baltanly inspire bands like Electric Wizard and KYuss, where the tone and weight of the instruements clearly sets the mood.

Undoubtely, the cornerstone of toner metal, if not the creation of it.

/stil drukn
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
stil drukn

I love you so much i'm not even kidding any more.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by dead-fish
COULD IT?! It IS the first stojnemr song ever created, man!

Swee3t LEaf is undeniably yhe first song to baltanly inspire bands like Electric Wizard and KYuss, where the tone and weight of the instruements clearly sets the mood.

Undoubtely, the cornerstone of toner metal, if not the creation of it.

/stil drukn

Listen to my GP file man, I crave acceptance from your Godly awesomeness
Cousikn Yog (hgahaha), I jsut listened to your stuff man, and not only did it make me impersonate Garcia, it was pretty fukignigne cool, dude. I would, in my druken state, give it an A. Wait 24 hotujrs to here my ratin while sober.
Quote by isabiggles
I love you so much i'm not even kidding any more.

We should so totoally have drunkne sex and shiz
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
We should so totoally have drunkne sex and shiz

You're in my sig and will be for a few weeks.

My place or yours?
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
THEIRS!

caps.
Yes let's go to their house.

Which stoner song will be banging to?
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
h ****, tough one........

CATHEDRAL - HOPKINS

MY NAMER IS HOPJIISN!!!
I AM THE WIHTHFINERDER GENERAL!!!!!!
MY IMPOTENCE DECIEVMES ME!!!

wait, that's not right.............

Spelling might be a bit wrong.

I was thinking dopesmoker by Sleep. That way we can go on for ages.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
I is about yo pass out

In need....of more...awesome...STONER.....

*PLAYS GATES OF SLUMBER - CHIDLREN OFSATNA*
I is about yo pass out

Quickly tell me your bank details before please..
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
Quote by dead-fish
h ****, tough one........

CATHEDRAL - HOPKINS

MY NAMER IS HOPJIISN!!!
I AM THE WIHTHFINERDER GENERAL!!!!!!
MY IMPOTENCE DECIEVMES ME!!!

Might be a good choice if you were with a girl.

SHE RIDES TO THE SABBATH

If you get my meaning
Whats ffor tto goet? She's riding to the sabbath, asw in to the shabbat, meeaning that shes sucking my dick.
As in, she rides you whilst you both listen to Black Sabbath

Oh, and what about "Dragonaut" as a name for my new solo band?
Oh, and what about "Dragonaut" as a name for my new solo band?

What about Potfarm?
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
Dude...

VISAGE OF DRAUGHTS!!!!

That's your solo project name.
What about 'Stil Drukn'?
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
Quote by dead-fish
Dude...

VISAGE OF DRAUGHTS!!!!

That's your solo project name.

I like the idea of "Visage Of...", but something other than "Draughts" I think.

CTHEDIT:
Quote by isabiggles
What about 'Stil Drukn'?

Tempting
Vista Dei.

TAKE IT BEFORE I DO!!!!!!
TAKE IT BEFORE I DO!!!!!!

*grabs* Mine now.

But we can share if you want to?
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
THE GODS HATH BEEN GNEREORUS!!!

IT IS YOUR NOW!!!
USE IT WISELY!!!
OR DONT, IOF YOU SO WISH TO DO SO DO!!!!

BEER!

Nawwwww, im kidding, hav fun with it, i love you.
Tempting

Do it.

i love you.

Fastest online relationship ever.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
http://www.gotmewasted.com/

Band is called Buzzer.
One of the biggest, and one of the only, stoner bands Israel has to offer. Just fun, honest, simple music.

They have their EP for free download as well.
Attention Stoners/drunks:

I'm doing an online project with some guys from across the pond and i'm the main songwriter. I don't know what to class my music as though. It almost sounds like doom but there's also death metal elements in there but it's not slow.

I don't know whether to call it stoner even though it sounds a bit like some stoner bands I like. It's not traditional metal even those it sounds very much like old Black Sabbath. What's the difference between doom metal and Stoner metal? The first song I know isn't stoner metal it's more death metal with clear Black Sabbath influence but the song we're working on now is less obvious and sounds very similar to Scissorfight and a bit like Eyehategod (two of my favorite bands).

When we get round to recording it i'll show you. By the way I wouldn't call it stoner metal but i'm asking you guys because i've already sold my soul to you.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
So what's everyone gonna be listening to on 4/20? I think I'm gonna get an album or two to on amazon or something. Probably Dopethrone and something else. Any recommendations?
Dozer's Through The Eyes Of Heathens is pretty good
Bongzilla's Amerijuanican if you want something heavier.
Masters Of Reality's Sunrise On The Sufferbus is really mellow and chilled, but its got an excellent vibe to it, and the legendary Ginger Baker on drums.
Cathedral's slightly less obvious Caravan Beyond Redemption is fantastic if you have a healthy sense of humour.

And of course, High On Fire and Goatsnake.

As for 4/20 (20/4 for normal people), which is also Hitler's birthday, I'm going to be on a healthy Wino binge.
4/20 is my dad's birthday, so Il listen to whatever cd I buy him haha. Any of you guys ever listen to Bad Boat? Excellent stoner stuff from the UK.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Oh worshippers of the greatest metal genre ever. I heed your all-knowing knowledge.

What's the best Orange Goblin album to start off with?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Personal favorite is their first, Frequencies From Planet Ten. The Big Black and Time Travelling Blues are also good.
Healing Through Fire was the one I got first

Their material seems to be quite consistent though
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Pretty much like any other stoner band, when you think about it.

Perhaps it's all the weed contributing to their creativity...
ya'll need to check out Supercontinent. they're from my home town and amazing stoner/doom/sludge/whatever you want to call it. unfortunately, they don't have a myspace anymore because they're not active. i think you can download one song here:
http://www.allthatisheavy.com/info.asp?item_num=ATH-5868
it takes a bit to get going, but when it does...holy hell it's awesome.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
i checked out nebula on youtube, both the songs i listened to from charged were awesome. would anyone recomend getting the album, or is it kind of hit and miss?

and while i'm here, a couple of people have said to me that john garcia from kyuss is a douche, but they're unable to back it up...is there some kind of story behind this?
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Last edited by pistols at May 10, 2009,
Supposedly, he left Kyuss because he was getting too full of himself, and the others wouldn't have that, especially Josh.

Then again, Josh is a notorious hothead, so...