I would imagine so. I bet hammer-ons, pull-offs, slides, and even chord shapes and playing in general are easier. Is this true? I have never touched an electric guitar in my life. I've been playing Acoustic for a little over 6 months.
probably yes so, because the neck will be way thinner, and the strings closer together so you once you get used to it you'll be faster. Then again there are so many differences from acoustic to electric. I say learn both really well and treat both like 2 different paths to walk on.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

strings are a lot softer so even you are a bit sloppy youll end up covering up your mistakes(youll learn how). Generally electric guitar is simpler than acoustic, but this doesnt envolve advanced techniques, like tapping pinch harmonics and a lot others
If youre accustomed to an acoustic youre finger strength will be greater so the things youve been doing on your acoustic will seem easier when applied to the electric guitar.
Just because youve got that headstart though, dont expect to be able to just tear it up from the get go. Techniques like tapping, sweep picking, pinch harmonics (and others mainly associated with electric guitar playing) arent really going to be easier if youve never practiced them.
Quote by tom183
If youre accustomed to an acoustic youre finger strength will be greater so the things youve been doing on your acoustic will seem easier when applied to the electric guitar.
Just because youve got that headstart though, dont expect to be able to just tear it up from the get go. Techniques like tapping, sweep picking, pinch harmonics (and others mainly associated with electric guitar playing) arent really going to be easier if youve never practiced them.

if you practice electric type techniques like pinch harmonics on an acoustic (possible but freakin hard) or tapping (very quiet but you can still practice) or fast picking (hard but that might be just me) if you practice that kind of stuff on an acoustic, it makes playing an electric EASY its ...just easy if you've been playing on an acoustic for a long time (a few months of practice or just for the heck of it) playing electric makes you feel like Slash.