How do i get back into standard tuning if it change the low E string,
no i havent but i need to be prepared, im thinking of going into drop D but im too scared haha...

I dont have a Tuner By the way.

thanks in advance
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
it your A sting in tune?
when your 1 string is in E the 5th fret will harmonize with A
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by plucky duck
it your A sting in tune?

Sound the same as, not harmonize.
Quote by plucky duck
it your A sting in tune?

I remember a notorious thread about this concept.

To TS, make sure you can tune by the 5th fret of each string to the next open string before you perform the change. Otherwise you are going to have a significant amount of trouble trying to tune up again
Quote by CanCan
Sound the same as, not harmonize.

yeah. TS it'll be the same exact note. and if you need to tune all of your strings get a tuner till your ear is stronger.

and the technique to tune each string to the last is the 5th fret of the lower string = the next open string, except G to B. G is 4th fret to open B.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by FarewellMemory
I remember a notorious thread about this concept.

To TS, make sure you can tune by the 5th fret of each string to the next open string before you perform the change. Otherwise you are going to have a significant amount of trouble trying to tune up again

AIRSHIP!

@ TS tune the low E in with the A string at 5th fret and play A string open.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
I completely sucked at tuning until I learned the harmonic way. Its great, especially for drop d and back cause all you need to do is touch the E string, assuming the rest are in tune.

Barely rest your finger over the thick E at the 5th fret. Your index finger should be juuust touching the string (not holding it down or pressing on it at all). if you pluck the string you'll hear a higher pitched ringing A tone. Do the same with your ring finger on the 7th fret of A. Now strum downward on the two strings plucking both. When tuning up from D just turn the peg in one swoop until the rings sound in unison. I consider myself tone deaf as crap but I just go until it sounds "right" to me. It sounds complicated at first but this to me is easier than doing it the other way cause you can tune the strings AS theyre ringing. Plus I've tested myself with the tuner and most of the time I find its RIGHT on the mark. Takes some practice but its awesome once you get the hang of it
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Recommended threads
Poll: spinal tap
sirrjj
Last post:
by FruscianteFan77