This song is pretty hard to describe, you have to listen to it yourself. It sounds a bit like a mixture of Gorguts, Spawn Of Possession and something epic (???) . I told you it was hard to describe .
Comments and contructive criticism are appreciated (I know the song is pretty long).
Attachments:
experiprog.zip
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Jun 18, 2008,
Well, can't say I've ever really written this sort of style before, so my constructive criticism is gonna be limited, but I did like the sound of it =) ...although it sounds nothing like epic movie music.

One thing I'd say, I liked that interlude section... it'd be cooler if it went off on little tangents a lot more often, and if it was built up to have a whole load of new sections, and then like five minutes later, bring the ending in.
I did like the ending, and the solo was spot on. (Thought I'd mention the solo being spot on, as when I'm writing stuff, it's always the solo I worry about most.)

All in all, it sounds good, which is the important thing in music.
(And some proggers forget.)

Rob
Quote by ealtdharkon
Well, can't say I've ever really written this sort of style before, so my constructive criticism is gonna be limited, but I did like the sound of it =) ...although it sounds nothing like epic movie music.

One thing I'd say, I liked that interlude section... it'd be cooler if it went off on little tangents a lot more often, and if it was built up to have a whole load of new sections, and then like five minutes later, bring the ending in.
I did like the ending, and the solo was spot on. (Thought I'd mention the solo being spot on, as when I'm writing stuff, it's always the solo I worry about most.)

All in all, it sounds good, which is the important thing in music.
(And some proggers forget.)

Rob

With the "epic movie music" I meant mainly bars 34-49, they sound sorta epic in a dissonant way imo
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
With the "epic movie music" I meant mainly bars 34-49, they sound sorta epic in a dissonant way imo

Them's some of my favourite bars them.
But no, I still don't see epic movie, just plain epic.

That is one hella big sound going on actually.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I likes the interlude rhythm.
(And the riffs under the solo, sound like Cradle of Filth =P)
The only song ive liked by you so far in the way that its not generic dm, this is a great song but it drags on in parts, try not having so many rpeats because other than that its great.
the accoustic part was great, like the solo was and that riff under the solo
the rest sounded like a mix of sweden and florida death
& you've got some repititions.. i was bored after a while, but i think with vocals it could be a good song, even though you need a lot of text
I liked it!
The first part is really doomy but it needs some vocals because it tends to drag a little...
I love the riff at 1.21 (im listening to the midi) and the riff that follows. It has a great bassline and sounds a bit like something immolation would do, which is cool!
The riff at 2.16 is amazing, I loved it!
The acoustic part sounded pretty evil and it fit right in, wonderful. You should've put a lead on top of it...
The solo that follows does the job I guess, but it wasn't anything special.
The return to the original riff worked well and again, I loved it!

Overall this is a great song, you've really surprised me! It does repeat an awful lot, but I don't think it's anything vocals and maybe a few more leads couldn't fix...
Keep writing in this style! 8.5/10

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=882956

grtz