Poll: Should People with AIDs be quarantined?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should People with AIDs be quarantined?
Yes, they should
102 31%
No, they should not
224 69%
Voters: 326.
Page 1 of 7
Yes or No.......

I'm not giving a circumstance, this is a query of ethics.

State your opinions and a poll will be up shortly.

Edit: To all those people saying that "TS" is immoral etc. should read through the non wall of text and infer that...I HAVE MADE NO OPINION ON EITHER SIDE OF THE ARGUMENT
Last edited by lt hopkins at Jun 18, 2008,
Of course they ****ing shouldn't. You're messed up.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Yes, that waythey can have sex with eachother without having to worry about it spreading.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
No - basic human rights. Even suggesting that they wear a badge or something that states they have AIDs is just incredibly wrong.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
^
Dont be a retard, you dont even know his views.

No, they shouldnt, thats about as bad as saying "anyone with a infectious disease or pathogen should be quarantined", plus, it wouldnt work, you couldnt find everyone ,and people would feel safer thinking theres no threat, considering that all AIDS victims would be quarantined, and this COULD cause it to spread easier, especially in developing countries.
As unethical and morally wrong as it is, I think they should. But then again giving them a badge that says "I HAVE AIDS" is incredibly humiliating.

touchy subject.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
no, but they should have to have a genital tatoo or something

and **** you for saying it makes them second class. it's their fault they have ****ing aids.
Nope. AIDS doesn't spread so easily so it's not necessary.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Quote by rickmeister
No - basic human rights. Even suggesting that they wear a badge or something that states they have AIDs is just incredibly wrong.

although i agree in some way. i hate the way human rights is thrown around today. although listing them down as having AIDS would be better
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
I never suggested they should, and those who said I was "sick/messed up" etc. are mislead, as I never expressed an opinion about either side of the argument.

I simply asked a question, those who jump to conclusions should step back and analyze the situation first...
Quote by jamscopti

and **** you for saying it makes them second class. it's their fault they have ****ing aids.

What the jesus christ did you just say?

I hope so much that you weren't being serious.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Why should they be quarantined? Wear a badge maybe, or be given a mark, but there is no reason to quaratine them. Its not airbourne.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by Boyleeee
^
Dont be a retard, you dont even know his views.

No, they shouldnt, thats about as bad as saying "anyone with a infectious disease or pathogen should be quarantined ", plus, it wouldnt work, you couldnt find everyone ,and people would feel safer thinking theres no threat, considering that all AIDS victims would be quarantined, and this COULD cause it to spread easier, especially in developing countries.

Hmmmmm, think about what you just said there....................
Quote by jamscopti

What the fuck? Explain how you came to that conclusion.
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Quote by jamscopti

Not always, sometimes it gets transferred from the parents...but usually it's people who have sex with a bunch of people and not use a condom.

Remember kids, if she's been ridden more times than a Budweiser Clydesdale, ya probably shouldn't take her for a spin.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by rabidguitarist
What the jesus christ did you just say?

I hope so much that you weren't being serious.

I was being serious. A badge is embarassing--make them have a tatoo in the area that says they have aids.
People just need to be more aware of the risks and the number of new infections will go down.

People just assume it wont happen to them.

Quote by jamscopti
I was being serious. A badge is embarassing--make them have a tatoo in the area that says they have aids.

Oh right you mean like the Jews in Nazi Germany?
Quote by Boyleeee
No, they shouldnt, thats about as bad as saying "anyone with a infectious disease or pathogen should be quarantined"

They DO quarantine people with certain infectious diseases, though. The thing is, people with AIDS aren't a threat to the general public. It's people who don't know they have it, who engage in risky behavior but don't get tested who are the real problem.
Hi, I'm Peter
It's a bit much imo. I do think it should be punishable by law for a knowingly HIV- positive person has sex with someone who doesn't have it, though. That, and making it a regular thing that you get tested for at the doctor's... if they test you for nearly obsolete diseases like TB, why not HIV?
Quote by toton1989
Nope. AIDS doesn't spread so easily so it's not necessary.

Yes, but many scientists hypothesize that it could easily mutate into an airborne pathogen.
Wait wait wait...I've got a better one, if you spread her legs and it looks like a roast beef sandwich covered in mayo made by a 60 year old man with paulsy, you should probably think twice about putting your dick in it.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by bob farrell
Why should they be quarantined? Wear a badge maybe, or be given a mark, but there is no reason to quaratine them. Its not airbourne.

Ya marking people who have a disease that's an awesome idea that isn't cruel at all.
Hell, why not go all out and give them a bell like we did with the lepers.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Of course not. That would be stupid. You only need to take basic precautions to avoid it.
Quote by Flying Couch
...no. I'm curious to see if Kensai's 25% hypothesis will hold here as well.
It is so far. Who are the really stupid 25% of the pit? Show yourselves!
no, they should wear big green hats

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by jamscopti

I mean this. "it's their fault they have ****ing aids."

AIDS gets passed without knowledge of infection, through rape, through hypodermic needles, through blood from parent to child, etc.

It's just completely ignorant to say something like that.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by Flying Couch

whats his hypothesis?
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by wannabe jesus
What the fuck? Explain how you came to that conclusion.

uhm
unless they got it through birth then they got it through sex...unless they got into a knife fight and both got cut, they only other way you can get it is through sex...or unless they're doing heroine or something through needles that arent clean...so yeah its their fault...the magical aids fairy doesnt just come down and decide who randomly gets it or not
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by lt hopkins
Yes, but many scientists hypothesize that it could easily mutate into an airborne pathogen.

If that happens we have these

Problem solved without falsely imprisoning people.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by thedudemeister
whats his hypothesis?

There were a couple of threads about psychics and physics lately, and in one of them, Kensai said that in any poll in the Pit, 25% will always vote for the stupid option.
Only in this forum could such a question be asked. How about we round up all the black, hispanic, Asian, albinos etc and put them all in seperate camps?

Some of you are really unpleasant f*****g people.
Quote by rizo299
People just need to be more aware of the risks and the number of new infections will go down.

People just assume it wont happen to them.

Oh right you mean like the Jews in Nazi Germany?

yes, like the ****ing jews in nazi germany, but it's actually these peoples' faults they have aids. i don't give a **** how unaesthetic i sound.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
If that happens we have these

Problem solved without falsely imprisoning people.

If dirt- poor Africans can't afford $5 mosquito nets to prevent malaria, what makes you think that each of them could afford a $500 gas mask?
Quote by Flying Couch

23,26% right now.

Gentlemen, I don't think we can overlook this hypothesis any longer.

edit: 25% excactly
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████