Ok so about 9 months ago, i got my first electric but i needed an amp. I live in pakistan so couldnt find anything good. Eventually i managed get one shipped here and it was marshall mg50dfx. I got it coz i knew how to play a bit and coz i was forming a band so i thought i would need more power. Plus i thougght marshalls were good. I loved it at first but then i discovered that i couldn't get a crunchy sounds out of it but i ignored it. Now however, im no longer a noob and god i cant sleep because of it. I want something better sounding but i dont how to break to my parents coz they spent so much money on it.

Someone please help me and tell what to do. And if i want to sell the amp, how much will i go for?? Its got all the contents and is in top notch condition?? Please help
How much have you got to spend? I feel for you, being stuck with a piece of gear that sucks can be very irritating
Just tell them that you have grown as a musician and that you need to have your gear grow with you. Tell them that it is holding you back from really getting into your music because it doesn't sound good. Then sell it and save some money and get something good.
when you started that with "Ok about 9 months ago.." after the thread title i thought you were in much deeper sh*t.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by alkalineweeman
when you started that with "Ok about 9 months ago.." after the thread title i thought you were in much deeper sh*t.

^+1
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
hmmm it had to be shipped to pakistan right? well tell one of your friends that you'lll save them the hassle of ordering it to be shipped in, and they can buy for a slightly lower price from you.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by alkalineweeman

incredulous.
ah dude, i feel really bad for you, being stuck with an MG... and i understand that you cant break it to your parents and stuff, i am muslim and have some parental issues too, but w\e. uh, try getting a distortion pedal or something. and yea dude that sucks, i feel so much better that i am in canada now...
use the clean and a good distortion pedal.

it'll make due for another half year or so. work on them when your birthday or holidays come around.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ok thanks people but im gonna bite the bullet and get a new amp. i can sell it for 400 bucks at a local store so please recommend a amp in that price range. ok first of all wattage doesn't matter much for me coz i can mike it up. The most important thing i want is good metal (not muddy) distortion and i want my palmutes to be chunky and crunchy
well if u cant find much down there ..as u said ...maybe tell us what amps u can find at ur local store.

maybe look for a Peavey Valveking 112 or 212 they can do metal ..but the gain chanel is a bit muddy. Also its a tube amp ..its not expensive and it sounds decent ... and u got plenty of power... its got 50Watts of TUBE power wich would be the equivalent of ~ 100W ss ..so thats double of the power u got on ur MG.

good luck
VOX AD100VT or any KUSTOM amp or Peavey valveking.

What's your playing style
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
if you have $400, play metal, and want to buy new i suggest a Randall amp.
maybe a cube.

if you want to buy used, i suggest a peavey. maybe a classic 30 if you can find one.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ok thanks people. my playing style is mainly metal and shred. I play metallica, pantera, slayer, megadeth, sabbath, dio and so i want that kind of crunch. im willing to go used but i dont want to have OD pedal for metal; i want the distortion from the amp

And peole i wud ideally like a low wattage tube amp. i know its a lot to ask for but i want a good amp this time
Quote by alkalineweeman

haha

Well... that too.. but the amp is the big problem right now!

As for a suggestion, maybe you could try selling your amp now, and oreder online maybe? I dont know if that would work.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)