Poll: Do you want to escape the UK?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you want to escape the UK?
Yes
47 25%
No
46 24%
One day,when the time is right
79 42%
Never,I love it too much here
18 9%
Voters: 190.
Page 1 of 3
Recently I've noticed a lot of people (my age,16, and older people) saying that they don't want to live in the UK for their whole lives.

I'm half Slovenian,and as such have a dual citizenship;I feel that one day I'd like to move back there.

Does anyone else here feel like they'd like to escape the UK?

Tim

EDIT:
Quote by smb

and the word is "British", not "UKer"

aha. Too much time on UG,sorry XD
Last edited by _Tim_ at Jun 18, 2008,
I want to live in America when I'm older.

No particular reason- I still want to spend a good chunk of my life here, but I want to experience another country too.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I've considered going to america for various reason. but I think it's because 'the grass is greener on the other side' rather than having an actual dislike for the country.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Sure, why not?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Yep, i'm off on a trip round europe. I hate wales.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
I'm pretty happy here, so I really doubt I'll move.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by Kensai
Sure, why not?

because you dont live there?

on topic. ill never leave the UK, im here till i die bitch
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
In some ways.

But every country has its flaws. And more to the point, our insects, spiders and snakes are all small and cute compared to what you'll get in nicer countries...
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
i wouldnt mind travelling but unless i can bring everyone with me think ill always come back to jolly england
I like it, I could see myself moving overseas but never for any real period of time.
i wouldn't mind a quick trip to new zealand/australia etc but i'd always end up back in england. it's not too bad
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by Rocking-Rob
No, its actually a good place to live, people just seem to like to complain alot.

thats because were good at it lol
Love it in Britain, I feel like wearing a Union Jack as a cloak right now. I would like to travel around parts of Europe and maybe spend a couple of years in America, but I want to settle and live here properly.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I like the uk, but it deffo gets on my nerves with the culture here.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
I'm happy enough here for the time being - I may live in Switzerland/France eventually

and the word is "British", not "UKer"
I hate living here, but I bet the second I leve, I'll wanna go back
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Quote by Rocking-Rob
No, its actually a good place to live, people just seem to like to complain alot.

That's in our nature, we complain continuously, but we're oddly very stoic and optimistic.

Quote by Lemoninfluence
I've considered going to america for various reason. but I think it's because 'the grass is greener on the other side' rather than having an actual dislike for the country.

You don't still believe in the American Dream do you?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I hope to move to Scandanavia or Switzerland one day. I hate this country.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

I like Britain, so I'll most likely end up settling down here, although I aim to go and travel a fair bit before i do any sort of settling down anywhere
Quote by freddaahh
You don't still believe in the American Dream do you?

no, there were a few things that all happened at the same time which made me actually consider it.

if each one of them had happened at different times I'd have never really considered it, but the fact that they all did meant I looked at it as a real possibility.

and I was saying that the reason that most people will consider moving is because new things look good, but once you get used to it, you'd have the same problems as you would here, if not more.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I'm from Hong Kong but I have lived in the UK for most of my life. I like to move from the UK because, as a place it's not that attractive to live in. However, I have to consider the benefits of living in the UK - my children will have free State education (even though I'm planning on getting them private education), NHS status, numerous State benefits, employment benefits where competition is plenty etc.

Why do you think so many illegal aliens want to stay in the UK? It may not be the most dazzling of all countries but it's a country where you can really make a great living. Besides, I don't want to do the Bar again if I move (different jurisdiction and therefore I'd need to do the qualifications again)
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I see no reason to want to "escape" the UK, i like it here.

Though i definately want to leave Wales, this place is pretty poor, the only thing going for it is that it has an awesome flag.
Quote by Harmonius
I'm from Hong Kong but I have lived in the UK for most of my life. I like to move from the UK because, as a place it's not that attractive to live in. However, I have to consider the benefits of living in the UK - my children will have free State education (even though I'm planning on getting them private education), NHS status, numerous State benefits, employment benefits where competition is plenty etc.

Why do you think so many illegal aliens want to stay in the UK? It may not be the most dazzling of all countries but it's a country where you can really make a great living. Besides, I don't want to do the Bar again if I move (different jurisdiction and therefore I'd need to do the qualifications again)

that bit made me lol
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by thedudemeister
that bit made me lol

Why?
It's a legitamite(sp?) term.

Alien is just "non-native"
Yeah, the way this country is being run is beginning to scare me/piss me off, so I'm gonna move when I can. As much as my heart will always be in Scotland, I'm just tired of so much crap.

Canada ftw!
Quote by _Tim_
Why?
It's a legitamite(sp?) term.

Alien is just "non-native"

mainly, cause most people call them "immigrants", its probably racist calling them "aliens", but i dont care really.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Yes I want to move out.

_Tim_ ... I dont want to be on the same planet as you let alone in the same country!
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by thedudemeister
mainly, cause most people call them "immigrants", its probably racist calling them "aliens", but i dont care really.

Ahhh I see.
Nah,not racist. There are are just a lot of moronic people that would be too confused by the term "alien"

Generalisations for the fail...but it's true,in my opinion
People seem to think that moving out of Britain would make things better for them. I know some people who have moved to America and Austrailia and they say there lives are just as boring and miserable as they were here.

I like England but I wouldn't want to spend my entire live in the town I live in now. Maybe move into the centre of Manchester or down south somewhere.
Quote by thedudemeister

What are you, an idiot?

As for the topic, I wouldn't mind settling down here. I've half a mind to emigrate to Russia at some point in my life, though that entirely depends on what degrees I end up obtaining and what career I take up.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
i would like to see norway one day.
i wouldn't move out the country though, i don't want to leave friends.
somewhere in the countryside.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
What are you, an idiot?

As for the topic, I wouldn't mind settling down here. I've half a mind to emigrate to Russia at some point in my life, though that entirely depends on what degrees I end up obtaining and what career I take up.

no, im not an idiot. and what gave you the idea that i could be?
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by thedudemeister
The content of your posts consistently give me that impression. I'm sure I'm not alone.

I love the south - I live in the middle of nowhere in Cornwall and go to uni in Southampton and love them both.
Hopefully one day I'll move away, don't know if it would be permanent or not though. Preferences would be to try China, New Zealand and Canada. China for the completely different culture/different world aspects, and NZ and Canada for the quieter living.

It's not that the UK is a sh*t country, but rather it isn't completely what I want.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by thedudemeister

Here you go...

Quote by smb
The content of your posts consistently give me that impression. I'm sure I'm not alone.

I love the south - I live in the middle of nowhere in Cornwall and go to uni in Southampton and love them both.

You have a blatant ignorance in matters such as immigration, you're not bothered if a term is racist, and understanding your syntax is a battle in itself. Is that satisfactory?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Here you go...

You have a blatant ignorance in matters such as immigration, you're not bothered if a term is racist, and understanding your syntax is a battle in itself. Is that satisfactory?

dinky just pegged you.

Quote by element4433
This country is a shithole. Blair ran it in to the ground, Brown is burying it. Sooner I get out of this country the better.
Page 1 of 3