recently purchased a Zoom G1X just to mess around with some different tones and have some fun with it. I've only been seriously playing for a few months so I'm not about to perform with it or anything.

That said, I'm trying to make the most of this purchase. I like the effects I've played with so far. I've cycled through all four of the sets (A through D) and messed around quite a bit. The thing I'm trying to figure out is how to get the "other" sounds out of this device. Near as I can tell it claims to have a Vox and a Crybaby Wah built in but I've yet to figure out how to use either. The closest I've come are the Autowah effects that I cycle through when hitting the up and down arrows. Am I missing something here? The instructions haven't been able to help me with this and there isn't anything on the Zoom site that is really helping me either. I know cycling past the lettered effects brings them all up by number starting with 00 but they seem to be all the same tones as the lettered sets, just numbered instead of lettered. Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks in advance if anybody can clear this up for me!
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
From A0 to D9 you can save your own patches, while 00 to 39 can't be modified.

To get those wahs, turn the top left knob to comp/efx, then choose u1 or u2 or any number to get vox or c if you want crybaby. Then press the pedal assign button so that the light show in comp/efx. Then use the pedal and you should get the wah sound.

Off course, feel free to change other settings too, and save the patch if it sounds good. I could talk more about this, but I have to go now. Hope it helped.