Treble bleed that turns on and off at the switch of a toggle. How would this be accomplished? It would be a neat thing for solos, and then go back to normal when theyre done. Help is appreciated.
A push pull pot can be used and wouldnt need any new holes. I put slider switches in the back cover of some of my guitars to turn the bright on or off but isnt to fast to use.
just make it like a normal treble bleed, but instead of a pot put a fixed resistor, and then have a switch in parallel that will bypass it when activated
lol@u
i think he wants a treble bleed that has no pot, unless i've misread

just change the pot and put a resistor in there
lol@u
Quote by Blues_King431
i think he wants a treble bleed that has no pot, unless i've misread

just change the pot and put a resistor in there

the pot i think you see is just a normal tone pot in a guitar circuit.. there is a SPST wired to it with a cap. just like a tone knob uses a cap to bleed trebel, so does the switch. not a resistor

either way, i hope that I've helped

Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
nah, i'm saying that i think he wanted a treble bleed that wasn't variable, dunno though

and some treble bleeds do have a resistor in it, to form some kind of low pass filter
lol@u
you're right, some do have the resistor with it. I'd just experiment with some caps and see what you can come up with.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Not sure what hes looking for. If hes looking to disable the tone pot so its full blast on solos then works normal with a switch. Or is he looking for the treble bleed "bright" mod done on the volume pot thats usually always on unless a switch is spliced in.
Quote by kurtlives91
Just wire it as normally but add a SPST to break the connection.

Wouldnt that make a killswitch?