Hi,i just bought an Vintage V100 (the Peter Green Lemondrop Les Paul)

(Third section from above
http://

Can someone explain to me what the reverse neck pickup is good for(benefits).
I know its called "out-of-phase wiring". The only thing i noticed is that it´s louder than the bridge! Should i raise the bridge pickup to get them more even?

Thankful for help

Otherwise,i think its great.gotta love humbuckers,and the worn and distressed finish looks great.
I would raise the pickup a tad, to get more 'output', if I can use that word..
Cam Sampbell's my hero
as far as im aware, the rotated pickup doesn nothing, out of phase wiring is....in the wiring.

basically certain frequencies cancel out and you get the more distinctive tone.

the strings move further in the middle of the neck as opposed to near the bridge or nut so the neck pup can be louder, lower it to balance this out
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
im looking into getting a v100 too.

im guessing if youve listened to any peter green you have already heard out of phase pickups. its a nasally, quacky sound which cuts pretty well. like intro to need your love so bad

basically the out of phase thing only works when both pickups are going at the same time (middle position) and are at a similar volume - you can mess with the volume levels of each to get different sounds but the effect is biggest when the volumes are more or less the same from each pickup.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
as far as im aware, the rotated pickup doesn nothing, out of phase wiring is....in the wiring.

basically certain frequencies cancel out and you get the more distinctive tone.

the strings move further in the middle of the neck as opposed to near the bridge or nut so the neck pup can be louder, lower it to balance this out

correct. I rotated a pickup expecting a drastic change in the sound. All i got was a subtle difference in the way the pickups interact with each other, but because they are still in phase, it didn't change the sound to any really noticable extent.

out of phase wiring only has an effect when both pickups are in use. basically they are electronically wired in the opposite direction to each other and cancel out the common frequencies that each pickup has, so only the differing frequencies are amplified, and you get that odd tone. I'm actually getting my epi SG modded for out of phase tones.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I have seem the bare knuckles pickups that do that PG sound, they are supposed to be brilliant, but they seem very expensive.
I heard he did it by mistake, Pete Green, by changing the magnets or some such thing