i wanted to know if its possible to hookup the carvin legacy 2x12 combo to 2x12 speakers just incase i need that extra volume.
does it have outputs, it epends on the3 output options, some do some dont my roland cube 30xcant but the 60 watt version can
Probably has a speaker out on the back.
So yes you can if it has a speaker out.
But it will only make you 3db louder so don't expect anything drastic.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by Mathamology
I don't know if this is correct, but won't the output overide the combo speakers, rendering it a pointless excercise to hook a 2x12 combo up to a 2x12 cab?

Sometimes this happens, depends on the amp.
My 5150 combo plays out of the internal speakers and the cab if i have it hooked up to one.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Quote by seymour_jackson
i honestly have no idea. i dont know ciurcitry (however u spell it) that well

lol another post
Just look on the back and see if there's a jack that says "external speaker" or "speaker out"
But make sure you try it with a cab first so you know if it plays out of both.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
ahhh thanks for the help. im just making fure ill have enough volume for gigging without pushing my amp to hard

but that sticky about amps said ">50 watts = hearing damage"

^^lmao
Yep, just plug a cab into either of the speaker outputs, and match the ohms switch to the ohms on the cab. Like it's been said, though... don't expect a dramatic volume increase. It'll add quite a bit to your low end, though.
I think the legacy has two parallel speaker outs, one that is hooked up to the combo speakers, the other..why, it'll take whatever cab you like. Just make sure the impedence is correct.

Image = My Bugera 6260 combo, through two Mesa Lonestar cabs (2x12 and 4x12). The cabs together were an 8 ohm load, and my Bugera 8, creating a 4 ohm load and an 8x12 wall of sound.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Last edited by Bloodshed at Jun 18, 2008,