i have an epiphone g-400 and it's been great up until my last band practice in which the sound would fade in and out when on the rhythm pickup. today i was playing and when i have it on treble it's fine and when it's got both pickups it's fine just when it's on rhythm it goes in and out for the first minute. i don't know whether there is something wrong with my guitar or amp. i did accidentally tip my guitar over and i was wondering if that may have caused this. i really am not happy and was asking if any of you would know what to do.

Please help fellow UGers
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Its probably the switch. WD-40 could do the trick if its just some dust in the connection, otherwise, you need to replace the switch, which shouldn't cost much.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Yup, electronic contact cleaner. Available at any Radio Shack. Just spray some in, wiggle the switch around, and you're good to go.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by rancidryan
no!
wd40 will break it you need special pot cleaner trust me

it worked on mine. i think, 2 years on, i might need to do it again. but if there's a risk of damaging it that i was unaware of, i wouldn't recommend it, and won't do it again myself.

i thought WD40 was electronic contact cleaner...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
WD40 is a lubricant.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
epi switches flicker and fail often.

a new switch is about $10.

the reason i bring this up is because, blowing out dirt from the switch, with compressed air, or cleaning the switch with pot cleaner / wt lube, might help the problem for a while, but often these cleaners are as much as a new switch.

so you might want to nip the problem in the bud, so to speak.

lastly, using WD40 on a pot or a switch can also work. the problem is that it contains too much lube and that can collect additional dust, and send the part to an early grave.
BUT if you were going to replace that part anyway.
or not sure if you should lay out $8 on a can of pot cleaner / lube at radio shack, then perhaps using the wd40 is a usefull alternative, if you already have a can in the garage.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011