So, I need to form a politcal party... 500 miles from home with strangers...

So in July I'm off to a university for a leadership program I was accepted to. It's for sophomores/juniors, I am sophomore. Well today I got the guide book for it and wow does it look pretty damn interesting. A good oppurtunity to better myself and meet plenty of new people.

The program they say is to learn how to share ideas, make them work, gain confidence in yourself, strategize, etc. The guidebook is pretty damn vague. From what I've read it's basically soudns like hey we're throwing you into the fire, now find a way to get out of it. But I want to be prepared

This program seems to center around government. Not exactly learning/liking politics, but using it as a method of learning about other things such as speaking and working with other people. They said from day 1 you will already have to learn and make ways to either create a party, run for offfice, or join an organization.

"The moment you arrive, you will start running for one of the high offices, or ask to play a role in supporting others. You will have to determine what to say on the campaign and how to get people to support you.

During the first part of the week, yo uwill spend most of your time joining or creating an organization. That organization will select party heads and compete against other peer organizations to occupy the ighest offices. If you plan to run for high office, yo umight want to prepeare some campaign lterature.. the top three elected officials are governer, lt. governor, and house speaker". Other offices also include supreme court with nine judges, and the senate.

"Decide on what office you will seek prior to arrival. This program is very face paces. Take every chance to present yourself as a serious candidate. You may bring ribbons, buttons, and/ or posters for your campaign. be creative and remember to market yourself uniquiely."

They also have party caucas and primaries, nominations for elected office, supreme court speeches and electionns.. senate, governor selections. <<<< All of that only on the third day I'm there!

Oh boy.. sounds fun <_<. This is basically the main point of everything and all they give you. How the hell should I go about forming a politcal party and keeping people involved? I'm not that shy a person and have no issues with public speaking and would be more than willing approaching people. But I'm not too familiar with politics and all in general. How would you guys be convinced if I was trying to recruit you? Tips/advice on what to do in advance and once I get there?

Of course I can just join some other party.. but i wanan go for the kill and try to make it as one of the best there . Sorry for the wall o text or if anything isn't clear >.>
The UG Party.

Make up some policies according to how UG would govern if in power, such as banning the lolwut pear.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Offer free hats. Politics of your party are then irrelevant, people will join by the hundreds.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
The Capital-communist party!
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by Bubban
Offer free hats. Politics of your party are then irrelevant, people will join by the hundreds.

this.

after you win, reveal that your government is actually no government at all, that is to say, anarchy.

just for teh lulz.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by Supafly1824
I don't have the cash for tons of hats though <_<

Make paper hats.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Make a manifesto and include some far out policies that appeal to you and then like minded people will be attracted to your party. While doing that you can do surveys about people's opinions and then alter your policies to suit a wider electorate. That's what politicians do. You have to talk the talk.
Quote by G-Dog_666
Make a manifesto and include some far out policies that appeal to you and then like minded people will be attracted to your party. While doing that you can do surveys about people's opinions and then alter your policies to suit a wider lectorate. That's what politicians do. You have to talk the talk.

+1.

Make wild policies that will attract others,such as; holidays for 300 days a year!
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by Bubban

It's how scientology gains members!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Free Hat!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Is this the National Youth Leadership Forum? (just wondering, I had wanted to go to that)
and this moment keeps on movin'
we were never meant to hold on.
Also having a gimmick or two like hats, or maybe a funky new hair do or clothes that stand out? The only problem with things like that is that if you're too extreme you might come off as looking like a dick so you might want to stick to the tried and tested means of posters, flyers and badges.
Quote by Acoustic_
Is this the National Youth Leadership Forum? (just wondering, I had wanted to go to that)

Edit: No, it's not. I thought that was an alternative name for it. What I'm going to is similiar, but different program.
Free food is the best way to win any person over

my suggestion- serve chicken tenders to help support your campaign!

edit: but that sounds like a pretty sweet program your going in to. best of luck!
I'd go for the free food, but some people (myself included) would probably just eat then leave. You have to have some substance as well as novelty. (And not substance(s) as in weed or cocaine.)
I would vote for any party that promises the policies of Old Rome!
Quote by Supafly1824
Edit: No, it's not. I thought that was an alternative name for it. What I'm going to is similiar, but different program.

Oh, alright. It sounds interesting, though. I'm sure you'll have fun.
and this moment keeps on movin'
we were never meant to hold on.