Page 1 of 2
The Fappening.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by _InsanitY_
rape.

I love the Pit.

In any case... I believe there was a thread on this already? And in any case I believe the proper term is a "cinematic abortion."

Forgot who originally said that though...
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Whaa... What?!!! It sucks?!!!! It looked so damn cool. People committing suicide. Guy under the lawnmower.

Why does it suck?
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
Quote by af_the_fragile
Zooey is in it!!

and thats all i know!

I'm with this man!
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
apparently, aint seen it, but hte acting is god awful, the dialogue is crap, (guy has an emotinal monologue with a plastic plant?) and its just

crap!
PSN: Noverion
This is the second thread today and at least the fourth in 2 weeks. Use the search bar or have it rammed so far down your throat that it ruptures your spleen.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
If there are soo many threads on this movie then why can't I find them?

Anyways, I've discovered during my time here that the Pit is full of cynical assholes, especially when it comes to movies, so I disregard the e-pinions of the Pit when choosing what to watch.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
It was a well made movie that people don't get. It doesn't matter what he was going to make, everyone would of hated it anyways. Its almost a fad to hate Shyamalan now, its like being Democrat.

One of Shyamalan's best IMO.
We're only strays.
But..but..the plot, seems so cool! Plants causing people to commit suicide, that's awesome!!

/serious
Does water kill the plants? Y'know, like that other movie.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by dudetheman
If there are soo many threads on this movie then why can't I find them?

Anyways, I've discovered during my time here that the Pit is full of cynical assholes, especially when it comes to movies, so I disregard the e-pinions of the Pit when choosing what to watch.

Proof that you shouldn't reproduce:
Exhibit A
Exhibit B
Exhibit C
Exhibit D

And I know people who don't frequent the Pit and say the film is shit. And I don't think I've seen a single positive review. So trust the Pit on this one.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
duh!
me and my friends affectionately dubbed it, "**** Happens"

i know, i know-

comedic brilliance.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
By the way, "The Happening" is probably the worst movie title I've ever heard. It's like titling it "The Film 2: The Sequel". Of course there will be a happening. It would be an extremely boring film if there wasn't. In fact, I like my movies with several happenings. If I can judge this film from its title, it may be the worst film ever made.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
The only decent acting in it is by Mark Wahlberg, although Brian O'Halloran is the Jeep driver, win.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by shrdtilyourdead
i didnt like it and there was this damn baby crying the whole time

In the movie or at your cinema?
Quote by break-me-in

And I know people who don't frequent the Pit and say the film is shit. And I don't think I've seen a single positive review. So trust the Pit on this one.

So all you need is other people to tell you what to like, I guess.

If you haven't seen the movie, see it for yourself and just watch it. Don't try to figure out the twist because there isn't one. Don't expect it to be epic and dramatic with a big huge musical score and lots of jumping. Just don't expect anything.

And for God's sake don't get all caught up in the 'bad acting.' Are you an actor? Did you direct the film, or write it? The acting is a part of the movie. People are just so eager to trash talk the movie that they don't realize it.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer

If you haven't seen the movie, see it for yourself and just watch it. Don't try to figure out the twist because there isn't one. Don't expect it to be epic and dramatic with a big huge musical score and lots of jumping. Just don't expect anything.

And for God's sake don't get all caught up in the 'bad acting.' Are you an actor? Did you direct the film, or write it? The acting is a part of the movie. People are just so eager to trash talk the movie that they don't realize it.

I think your Shyamalaladingdong in hiding!
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by Martyr's Prayer

Look, if pretty much everyone is agreed that a movie sucks, then it probably sucks. If I'd found a few people who enjoyed it and I knew had good taste, then I would go and see it.

I'm not expecting anything, partly because I'm not going to see it, and partly because it's by M. Night Shyamalan. And btw, I didn't mention acting, but I don't think that you can justify bad acting by saying that's what the director was going for...

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by rickyy
The Fappening.

+1.

yea the happeninhg looks like a pile of stinky poo. i shall not entertain the odeon with my fiver.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
A lot better than I thought it would be, definately worth a rent. If you're an idiot who expected it to be a horror film or to play out like a typical Hollywood release, you deserve to be miserable wathing it.

The lines were ok, the acting was ok. There weren't many parts that felt forced, like every other movie in the theatre right now.

And there is not a dramatic monolgue to a plant, there is a humorous joke, like the humor slipped into all of his movies to provide a little release from the building tension.

I'm not going to praise it as a great movie, but I will say it was better then most of the **** that comes out, and I don't regret watching it.
I've found a couple positive reviews, even Ebert liked it, but he admitted most people probably won't.

And as far as listening to the pit on which movies are good, and which are bad, I choose to make up my own mind. There are people in here who would rather watch 300 then No country for old men.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
A lot better than I thought it would be, definately worth a rent. If you're an idiot who expected it to be a horror film or to play out like a typical Hollywood release, you deserve to be miserable wathing it.

The lines were ok, the acting was ok. There weren't many parts that felt forced, like every other movie in the theatre right now.

And there is not a dramatic monolgue to a plant, there is a humorous joke, like the humor slipped into all of his movies to provide a little release from the building tension.

I'm not going to praise it as a great movie, but I will say it was better then most of the **** that comes out, and I don't regret watching it.

+1 I enjoyed it.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by technicolour
I've found a couple positive reviews, even Ebert liked it, but he admitted most people probably won't.

And as far as listening to the pit on which movies are good, and which are bad, I choose to make up my own mind. There are people in here who would rather watch 300 then No country for old men.

Good point, but I still think it looks like a terrible film.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Well, I have seen nothing but good from M. Night Shyamalan.

I missed Lady In The Water, but I did see The Village and thought it was a great movie and a great concept.

Everyone told me that The Village sucked, but it didn't. I think everyone went into The Village expecting a horror movie, but it wasn't. Suspenseful, yes, but not horror in the slightest.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by break-me-in
Look, if pretty much everyone is agreed that a movie sucks, then it probably sucks. If I'd found a few people who enjoyed it and I knew had good taste, then I would go and see it.

I'm not expecting anything, partly because I'm not going to see it, and partly because it's by M. Night Shyamalan. And btw, I didn't mention acting, but I don't think that you can justify bad acting by saying that's what the director was going for...

Your entire post is based off of other people's opinions.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Your entire post is based off of other people's opinions.

None of the second paragraph was based on other people's opinions. The first paragraph was about how I'm not seeing it because people's whose opinions I value a damn sight more than yours say it's a bad film.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I saw it. It was terrible. I watched it but it had no suspense, it was obvious what was going to happen. However, I'm happy it didn't have a twist ending like most of Night's films.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by break-me-in
None of the second paragraph was based on other people's opinions. The first paragraph was about how I'm not seeing it because people's whose opinions I value a damn sight more than yours say it's a bad film.

Yeah but you're passing judgment on something you haven't even seen yet. Just go see it. I can tell it doesn't matter because you've already made up your mind that you hate it, but atleast go see it so that you look like less of a pratt (as you guys across the pond would put it) when telling everyone how much you hate it - oh, but haven't actually seen it. You just hate it because everyone else does.
We're only strays.
Quote by break-me-in

You had better get off UG or you'll miss your 3 o'clock ticket on the bandwagon.

In all seriousness, if you want to give advice on how the movie is, you should probably have seen it yourself first.

And if you have to use other people's opinions, at least say, "Well I heard..." or "From what people tell me....". Don't just assume a movie is bad because the majority assume so.

The majority is often wrong.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
I'm going to see it and I'm going to enjoy it just like every other M. Night film.

People seem to forget that movies are for the purpose of entertainment. If they can make a cinematic artistic vision, great, but no one's going to care if it isn't entertaining.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Yeah but you're passing judgment on something you haven't even seen yet. Just go see it. I can tell it doesn't matter because you've already made up your mind that you hate it, but atleast go see it so that you look like less of a pratt (as you guys across the pond would put it) when telling everyone how much you hate it - oh, but haven't actually seen it.

I never said I hate it. I have no strong feelings about it. But I am told it's a bad film by friends who have good taste in films. Which fits with the impression I got from the trailers. Not to mention, I haven't liked Shyamalan's last few films. And there are things I'd prefer to spend my money on, including other films.

Did you ever wonder why film reviewers exist? They know a fair bit about films, and can tell you which aspects of the film are lacking. So you can make a more informed decision before spending money on a film you potentially won't like. If I couldn't trust other people's opinions, life would be a whole lot harder.

And since when did English people say "pratt"? Have you ever been to England? Maybe you should come to England before telling everyone about how much we say pratt - oh, but you haven't actually heard us say it.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Page 1 of 2