At guitar center I play on the razorback explosion and a peavey 6505+ and they squeal so good. But i play on a marshall mg100hdfx and an ibanez rg350dx at home. I was wondering how i can get my squeals better? ive tried every seeting on my amp, and i use death metal and grunge pedals too, but nothing comes close. Maybe i should buy a dimebucker for my rg? Or is it time for a new head?

what do you think?

*ive been told 90% of that comes from your amp, and not your guitar/pickups?
Yes my name is Tom Petty.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
(crappy)RED Marshall Mg100hdfx Halfstack
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
New amp. Dimebuckers are bad, or so people say.
Call me Batman.
Quote by tommyp484
marshall mg100hdfx

'Nuff said...
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Quote by DimebagJosho
'Nuff said...

haha, well i do have $500 as of right now. But that peavey is so damn expensive

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
Quote by tommyp484

Try a lower cost tube, anything tube will be better than your MG.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by LaGrange
Try a lower cost tube, anything tube will be better than your MG.

Like what? I see alot of tubes that are "intended" for rock, but i only play heavy metal

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
I would save a little more, try and find a used 5150 II since they're almost the same as a 6505.
squeals are technique. your current setup is fine. lots of gain and pratice.
A MG will make things much more difficult for achieving good sustain for squeels, so a new amp would be ideal, I don't think you're guitar is the problem, just the trem. The Peavey Squeeled really well for a reason, not just because you were in GC. So I'd say that a new amp would be a better idea.
Quote by mmjohn
squeals are technique. your current setup is fine. lots of gain and pratice.

yeah i'm good at them, it def gear.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
help?

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
Quote by tommyp484

used 5150 combo would only cost $500-$700 depending on it's condition
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
used 5150 combo would only cost $500-$700 depending on it's condition

i need a halfstack though, and as of now i only need a head

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
Quote by tommyp484
i need a halfstack though, and as of now i only need a head

why do you need a halfstack? The halfstack you have now (cab included)is pure ****e
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
since you have a cab (albeit a very bad one) you can get a 5150 head for $600-$900 so just save up a bit if you really feel you need a half stack.

or you could just get the combo and run it into your cab.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
you know dime ran through a solid state...anyways...im sry its the amp
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
get a used 5105 think it'd only run you like 600 bucks or lower
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
i agree with the used 5150(II), after all you said you like the 6505(+) and they're virtually the same thing. and may i ask why you feel you need a half stack? the combe is 60 all-tube watts. plenty loud enough. and if you need it for shows just throw a mic in front of the speaker and have the PA help you out. but if you insist on a half stack you better look into a used 5150 cab as well.
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Quote by Martin Scott
You do know that Dimebag famously used Randall solid state amps, right? He wants Dimebag's sound, so you shouldn't be pointing him towards tube amps.

I believe he was trying to perfect dime's squeals, not his tone in general. tbh though i never liked dimes harsh buzzsaw tone anyways.
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
dont forget when dime did a "dime squeal" he is usual doing something with his trem as well as a pinch harmonic...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by shredhead22
I believe he was trying to perfect dime's squeals, not his tone in general. tbh though i never liked dimes harsh buzzsaw tone anyways.

i dont think it matters about your opinion? if he's going for the squeal wouldnt he be going for the tone or close to it? and yeah if you want to sound like dimebag he used randall solid states...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
Quote by bi-ah!
i dont think it matters about your opinion? if he's going for the squeal wouldnt he be going for the tone or close to it? and yeah if you want to sound like dimebag he used randall solid states...

no need to be a dick, i haven't said anything derogitory or offensive to anyone in this thread. I was merely saying the TS never really came out and said in his OP that he was looking for dime's tone, only his teqnique...and just because i use pitch harmonics when playing does not mean im going to seek out zakk wylde's tone.
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
no need to be a dick, i haven't said anything derogitory or offensive to anyone in this thread. I was merely saying the TS never really came out and said in his OP that he was looking for dime's tone, only his teqnique...and just because i use pitch harmonics when playing does not mean im going to seek out zakk wylde's tone.

i want trying to be a dick
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by *sigh*
Quote by bi-ah!
i want trying to be a dick

lol, my apologies then. i misunderstood your post (i've been fighting off noob trolls all day so im a little defensive right now)

Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
lol, my apologies then. i misunderstood your post (i've been fighting off noob trolls all day so im a little defensive right now)

i understand completley...
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by *sigh*
well thanks everyone, i think i'm gunna go for a used 5105. but they are hard to find

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
Quote by Tom Horn
dont forget when dime did a "dime squeal" he is usual doing something with his trem as well as a pinch harmonic...

So sometimes he didn't use his trem at all? and it was natural harmonics.....How did that pertain to the TS's question, he already said he can do them fine.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
the "dime squeal" was a natural harmonic combined with whammy bar. not to be confused with his pinch harmonics.
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Quote by metallicafan180
the "dime squeal" was a natural harmonic combined with whammy bar. not to be confused with his pinch harmonics.

Sarcasm my friend, sarcasm.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
^ i was answering to the other dude.
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Quote by metallicafan180
^ i was answering to the other dude.

Ah, my apologies.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Get the valveking 112.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442

It has external speaker output, and 50 watts class A/B is enough to drive your cab.

OR

Save another 100, and get the 212.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-212-Combo-Amp?sku=481443

100 watts, you can tack it on your cab, you've got serious power, man.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Last edited by Iansmitchell at Jun 19, 2008,
I'd say I got the squeals down really good, anyways maybe practice and maybe try a different amp because I have the grunge pedal and I can do the squeals fine.
Quote by drunkinkoala
I'd say I got the squeals down really good, anyways maybe practice and maybe try a different amp because I have the grunge pedal and I can do the squeals fine.

Well i can get the squeals but they die down really fast cuz they have no sustain.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D