Poll: How do you write the number 7?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you write the number 7?
'normally'
154 68%
with a line through it
72 32%
Voters: 227.
Page 1 of 2
How do UGers write their '7's?

or

?
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Last edited by DigUpHerBones at Jun 18, 2008,
With the added line. If it weren't for that, with my handwriting, people wouldn't tell the difference between either a 7, a 2, a 1, or a z.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Yeah, like '7' except when I see someone else writing theirs with a line through it, then I get envious and change my style.
Why do some people put a line through a 7 anyways?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
With the line through it, because my handwriting is like a drunk spider ambling across a page. After handily walking through ink or that simile is useless.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Quote by dudetheman

Copying others. Though mathematicians and Frenchmen do it to differentiate between 7s and 1s, I believe.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by dudetheman

Yeah, really!

I can understand putting a line through 0's, they might be confused with o's otherwise. But what is someone going to mistake a 7 for?

1, perhaps, but who writes a 1 like a 7?
i use to do it with a line through, i think i still do. its been so long since ive used pen and paper :|
People that write it with a line through it are generally mathematicians, or so I have noticed.
The.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
People that write it with a line through it are generally mathematicians, or so I have noticed.

Aye, for the reason I posted.
I wondered about this after noticing that my maths teacher writes them with lines through when he sees that I do, and normally otherwise.
I can't remember the last time I had to write the number seven anyway though. Who writes these days?
with a line through it.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by buckethead_jr
Like this: 7

+1

I've never used the the little crossbar...... thing.

I think the other way looks better, but I can't be bothered to do it everytime I write them.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Normally, innit.

The way with the line through it is generally done in mainland Europe, I notice it in France often, it's so confusing because they write "1" in a similar shape to a "7" or "^" a mixture between the two.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Used to be with a line through it... not a clue when that stopped :S
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I've always thought the line through it way is what a child does...
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
I write all of my 7s and the letter Z with a line through it. I think it looks better. When I was younger I was taught "7" that way, but I changed because I thought it looked cooler. Now I don't even think about doing it, I just do it.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- James Marshall Hendrix

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but you can free your mind."
- Bob Marley
with a line, as I was learned to do
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
I put a line through it so it doesn't get confusing. Just a habit I suppose.
Quote by buckethead_jr
Like this: 7

ditto.

^lol pokemon reference =D
I write mine with the line through them, the same with most of my "z"s, it's just something I picked up so that I don't mistake them for 1s or 2s, like most other people who do it.
Quote by rigiddigits
Yeah, like '7' except when I see someone else writing theirs with a line through it, then I get envious and change my style.

OMG I DO THAT TOO
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.
my 1's r just a line therefore i dont need a line thru my 7's
Quote by Dardarian
Go to your doktor. UG can't give proper medical advice.

Quote by DanRev
Because it could be a serious answer. What if someone was to make a thread "A song to tell my girlfriend that I caught a nasty STD off her best friend?" We'd all be screwed then.
My 7's are normal, but I write F's in cursive like a 7 w/ line
I'm the one who has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to.
-Jimi Hendrix
I do it with the little line in it to prevent confusion with 1.

I only really started doing it because of the people who write 1s like l. I hate that. If they write 1 like l then they usually write 7 like a normal 1, making it confusing for me without the dash.

Quote by guiatarist59
my 1's r just a line therefore i dont need a line thru my 7's

Exactly the point I was making.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Page 1 of 2