Quote by kaptink
Indie rock? What about a Jazzmaster?

BINGO!!

You cant go wrong with fender hun.

Jazzmaster, jaguar, mustang, tornado, tele.
Any Fender with single coils works great. Most of them use Teles, but there quite a few Strat and Jazzmasters in the genre.
How about a G&L Bluesboy?

It's a Telecaster with a Humbucker in the neck. Very nice. Death Cab uses some (as well as a million other Teles, haha.), I know off hand. Not sure on other bands.

Just very nice guitars, and if you're "all about Fender", do a little research on G&L.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%26L
What amp do you have? I would personally get a 72 Tele Custom or Deluxe and pair it up with either a Vox AC30 or a Fender Bassman.
Fender MIA Telecaster or a Jazzmaster, that'll tick all the boxes you'll ever need for Indie.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Indie?? as in no sign? any haha

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
Quote by schecter ftw
Could a Gibson hollow-body get the job done??

Once again, what amp do you have?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
These are just bands i associate with indie, i apologise if they come under indie-post last year punk of sorts (i hate genres, sorry)

Bloc Party-Both Russell Lissack and Kele Okereke use Teles. Russell uses a Tele Custom (the one with the humbucker in the neck) on 1 song

Editors-Lead guitarist uses a Rickenbacker 360 which sounds absolutely immense with some reverb. Their rhythm guitarist uses a Tele Custom aswell

Radiohead (i know its not indie)-Jonny Greenwood uses a Tele Plus with a Lace Sensor Blue in the neck for cleans and a dually Red in the bridge for distorted stuff. Thom Yorke uses Teles, Rickenbackers and a original Tele Deluxe (dual humbuckers)

A Strat does more rockin' stuff, a Tele is there for the soft, mellow twang its been reknowned for. Tele all the way
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
what do indie mean to you guys?

radiohead last album was indie the release it on thier own with no label, also coldplay and nine inch nails

In popular music, independent music, often abbreviated as indie, is a term used to describe independence from major commercial record labels and an autonomous, do-it-yourself approach to recording and publishing.

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
Last edited by Nagashiro at Jun 21, 2008,
Quote by Nagashiro
what do indie mean to you guys?

radiohead last album was indie the release it on thier own with no label, also coldplay and nine inch nails

In popular music, independent music, often abbreviated as indie, is a term used to describe independence from major commercial record labels and an autonomous, do-it-yourself approach to recording and publishing.

Um........that has very little to do with this topic...

but the more you know.....
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by steven seagull
Once again, what amp do you have?

Vox AD100VT. I want to sell it and get a better amp.

EDIT: Alright, now that I know that its going to be a tele, what kind of tele should I get actually?
Last edited by schecter ftw at Jun 21, 2008,
Quote by schecter ftw

EDIT: Alright, now that I know that its going to be a tele, what kind of tele should I get actually?

american standard?

id imagine a jap or mex would be able to do the job... indie doesnt really focus TOO much on tone anyways.
PRS Mira
Ibanez Talman (not the acoustic). One guy from Explosions In the Sky uses one.
Teles are the absolute best guitar! For me anyway... Russell Lissack from Bloc Party uses 3 different ones!
Bloc Party/ Kings Of Leon fan!
Quote by schecter ftw

I haven't tried some of the higher range telecasters such as £6/700 ones, but I have played a Baja tele, the ones from the custom shop. They are VERY nice and have a lot of versatility, they only cost £389.99.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2