What amp does this thing work really great with?Or is there another pedal that is comparable?Thanks.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." HST
Tubescreamers work very well with Tube amps if you want natural distortion.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
is there any tube amp that is better that the others? Like Valveking , or Blackheart, or something along those lines?
i don't understand. do you want an amp to go with your pedal? pretty much any tube amp should be good with one.

the maxon od808 is supposed to be a slightly higher quality version of the ts808 if you want something comparable. maxon made ibanez's pedals for awhile, then started making them for themselves. the digitech bad monkey is also similar, cheaper, and has more features.
Well i really like the Valveking, if you're on a budget, i would reccomend it.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
The TS808 sounds really nice in Michael Amott's rig in front of his Randall Signature Ninja, also it gives a really metal sound in front of a VHT Deliverance. It's just meant as a boost for distortion channels for extra br00talz is what it's known most for and for giving a blues overdrive on clean channels.
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
i don't understand. do you want an amp to go with your pedal? pretty much any tube amp should be good with one.

the maxon od808 is supposed to be a slightly higher quality version of the ts808 if you want something comparable. maxon made ibanez's pedals for awhile, then started making them for themselves. the digitech bad monkey is also similar, cheaper, and has more features.

I need a new amp, but I've already got the ts808.I was going to try to get a good amp that my pedals will compliment.I was unsure if the ts sounded pretty much the same on all tubes or if certain amps worked better with it than others.
I'm a tube noob, but isn't a lot like the tail wagging the dog? I would pick an amp that works with the style of music you play and the OD pedal will make it sound like that amp with crunchier gain and/or tighter low end.
The fender tube amp+tubescreamer combo is a classic.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Glockjitzu
I need a new amp, but I've already got the ts808.I was going to try to get a good amp that my pedals will compliment.I was unsure if the ts sounded pretty much the same on all tubes or if certain amps worked better with it than others.

the ts808 seems to be an industry standard. there are better od's, but it by no means is a bad pedal and alot of pros use them. it should work really well with any tube amp. the only circumstance i've heard where the pedal + the amp really mattered was with valvekings and bad monkeys. supposedly it's a particularly good combination. i think you should just look for an amp that suits your style, because pretty much anything will sound good with that pedal.
I've noticed that tubescreamer-esque overdrives don't like british amps for some reason.
I dunno why.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
I've noticed that tubescreamer-esque overdrives don't like british amps for some reason.
I dunno why.

tubescreamer mid hump + marshally british mid hump = way too much mids? maybe?
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
tubescreamer mid hump + marshally british mid hump = way too much mids? maybe?

Yeah, probably.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
I dunno why.

Idk, I LOVE the sound of a JCM800 with a Maxon OD808 through it (with a Gibson Les Paul preferrably
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by stewart91
twin reverb

i love the twin, but it really needs the od to distort at all. its best as a clean amp (maybe THE best?), and if he's looking for crunch, it's not the best choice.
There's nothing particularly special about the Tubescreamer IMO - but tube amps benefit from having a high input level if you want lots of distortion.
how about we wait for the TS to tell us what he wants the amp to do, a 5150 won't help him if he plays twinkly indie, and a Twin won't work if he wants alot of gain.
Quote by Yngwi3
Idk, I LOVE the sound of a JCM800 with a Maxon OD808 through it (with a Gibson Les Paul preferrably

Hmm... maybe it sounds good with other british amps.
It just sounds kind of blah on my peavey classic.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
There is no one amp...

IMO Tubescreamers are used best when they push a tube amp into saturation. I like to set the amp so it is almost breaking up. Then set the TS so a low gain level with the level fairly high. Stomp on it and you get the classic TS sound with great natural tube distorsion.