hey, im looking into buying a flying v
im just wiondering if anyone knows where i can get a decent LEFTY for under 600 or so in canada
Quote by AA00P
It's a V, do what Jimi did.
Shouldn't look too bad.

Volume and tone knobs may get in the way.
Quote by winged136
buy a righty and get lefty nut and bridge tah dah

Whammy will be on the top...

Cord might stick out the top...
ya i thought about it, but meh if i was gonna do that id just buy a neck if i could find a left or right and make my own
or learn to play right guitar is a conditioned response lefty guitar is a myth look at me look at me right jimi j/k people only want to play left so they can be special stop it
Quote by winged136
or learn to play right guitar is a conditioned response lefty guitar is a myth look at me look at me right jimi j/k people only want to play left so they can be special stop it

What? Punctuation.

And no, this isn't me being a grammar freak. It just doesn't even make sense.
i started out left but learned right because finding quality lefty guitars sucks
Quote by winged136

what ru talking about? stop playing left? i was born left, i write left.. what the hell do u mean leftysd wanna be special

ur a douche
Quote by winged136
OR learnto play right, guitar is conditioned blah blah blah

This is living proof that all of you who jump on the "Oh look, it's because he's a June '08" bandwagon aren't always right.
Quote by winged136
i started out left but learned right because finding quality lefty guitars sucks

so far ive got an ibanez rg370dxl, an epiphone lespaul, a washburn bass, and a art and luthirne acoustic
but ya it is kind of difficult to find decent qualityy at a sensible price
your left hand will make for better fretting so you will use your dominence where it's needed
Quote by TheProducer
This is living proof that all of you who jump on the "Oh look, it's because he's a June '08" bandwagon aren't always right.

hm?
Quote by winged136
your left hand will make for better fretting so you will use your dominence where it's needed

yyupp
Quote by 6-string-yay
hm?

When people say dumb/strange things, they usually have just recently signed up, so there "Member Since..." thing says June '08 or something. Then everybody accuses them of being a newbie and such and such. I was just commenting that he's from '05 and still didn't make sense.

I think I'm getting it now though.
Quote by TheProducer
When people say dumb/strange things, they usually have just recently signed up, so there "Member Since..." thing says June '08 or something. Then everybody accuses them of being a newbie and such and such. I was just commenting that he's from '05 and still didn't make sense.

I think I'm getting it now though.

ooohh
and winged^^ ya ok, it just didnt make much sense
playing say sports you have to swing left or throw but guitar is for both hands so handedness is chosen that's all i'm saying hope it helps
Quote by winged136
playing say sports you have to swing left or throw but guitar is for both hands so handedness is chosen that's all i'm saying hope it helps

whatttt noo
liek, you do have a degree of choice in the fact, but..
ahhh forget it.. so does neone know where i can get a lety v?
Quote by winged136

Your left hand will only make for better fretting if your left hand is better at the movements you need to use for fretting.

Just because your a lefty that plays righty that doesn't mean all leftys should do as well.
just to clarify i've been playing guitar and bass since 96 so no newbie here i just have no punctuation or people skills
OK, well here i am.

A fellow lefty that plays lefty.

Now YOU could get a right, but i think the jack sticking out top is annoying, or even strat style it gets int the way.

Schecter has a lefty damien FR V ugly as hell though.. then theres the hellraiser.. also ugly, but should play great.

then there the RR but thats a V but a bit to pricey for ur range.

And too people TELLING you to play righty, its up to you, if it feels right play righty, if no lefty, hell i can kinda play a righty if i hold it lefty, just play things backwards

people think its not biggie learning to play with the opposite hand "you can fret better" they dont realize the picking is one of the most akwards things ever.

but they stae- Steve Vai, Malmsteen.

good for them, its not for everyone though.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
thanks for the advice and ideas
but no, i started out on a righty and i was terrible
i just feels .. natural with a lefty

so ill stick with that

and im looking for a v because i dont want a "traditional" style guitar
I know a few left handed people who play right handed guitar... and say that its actually a lot easier than trying to play left handed.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I know a few left handed people who play right handed guitar... and say that its actually a lot easier than trying to play left handed.

This is garbage.

Take your guitar, flip it around and see how unnatural it feels. As a righty, try fretting with your right hand and strumming with your left.

It would feel just as awkward for a lefty.
it`s funny, i am a lefty

but i couldn`t play a left handed guitar if my life depended on it

to me the right handed guitar should be a left handed guitar, since my left hand is doing all the hard stuff anyway.

if you don`t want a normal looking guitar, BC Rich makes a lefty Warlock, but i don`t know about a V
Quote by Slayerdeath
it`s funny, i am a lefty

but i couldn`t play a left handed guitar if my life depended on it

to me the right handed guitar should be a left handed guitar, since my left hand is doing all the hard stuff anyway.

if you don`t want a normal looking guitar, BC Rich makes a lefty Warlock, but i don`t know about a V

cool ill look in to it
Get a righty V and hendrix it.
Quote by winged136

^**** this guy^

handedness is chosen that's all i'm saying

Bull. If you're a lefty, you play better on a lefty guitar. And I know, I started playing righty, but it felt so unnatural, so I switched. Haven't ever had a second thought about it.

EDIT:
That was an incorrect link, my bad.

Dean V (Lefty)
Davidson V (Lefty)
Jacknife V (Lefty)
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Last edited by Justice4AllOne at Jun 18, 2008,
Quote by winged136

o..

K...

ok idk what the hell everyone is saying in this thread. but basically- search craigslist and ebay and other forums. you can special order one from fender but not for under 600. your obviously NOT gonna switch to right handed cause thats stupid and impossible. im lefty too btw.
Carvin.

Their V can be lefty free of charge and starts at 600 or 700 i think.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
ya im willing to spend a little extra
but ya i know some left handed people that play right too, but the fact is that i play left, ive tried right and **** that shizzz
but ya producer
thanks for that :P
im lefty and i wanted a v for ages.
the only ones i can find are
a version of the gibson flying v
esp ltd alexi 200
esp ltd v200 (or so im told by esp customer seervices, im yet to come across one)
jacksons higher end rhoads models
some dean v
and a washburn v (which isn't very good)
Quote by 6-string-yay
what ru talking about? stop playing left? i was born left, i write left.. what the hell do u mean leftysd wanna be special

ur a douche

I'm left handed, but i play guitar right handed.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
dude just make a warmath (soming like that i think) they have left handed model for v and any other shape
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS