I was thinking about replacing the bridge pickup in my strat, and wanted a humbucker sound. I was wondering if these are a good choice to use (in general) and that if I installed one, would I need to install a switch to split the pickup in order to have the proper sound from the humbucker. Sorry if this is a noob question, I'm very to new to customizing guitar's electronics. Any type of response is highly appreciated.
Stacked singlecoils do have twice the poles of a normal singlecoil, but they're confined to a singlecoil space, so they don't "hear" as much of the strings as a humbucker does. They don't sound exactly like humbuckers, more like hotrodded singlecoils, imo.
No problem. Most Strats have been routed for a humbucker in the bridge position, so you should just have to get an HSS pickguard to accomodate one.
as far as i know MIM are HSS routed and MIA are HSH.
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
^not all, but yeah most MIM strats have room in the bridge for a full sized humbucker.

so the only added expense would be an HSS guard.

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011