like to the valveking or classic 30?? does it make it louder or something??
It won't get louder, though it might seem it since the air is being pushed closer to your head. The big difference is the quality of the speakers in the cabinet could be better than the combo.
actually thats false. if you have a 2x12 combo with nice celestion speakers it will sound much better than plugging it into a 200 dollar 4x12 with noname speakers.
It'd SEEM much louder because of the air being pushed, and would offer better bass response.

However, as stated, a lot of this will rely upon the build quality and speaker quality of the cab.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
will it not use the combo speaker, only a the cab, or does it use a little bit of both?
yeah like everyone said. And in addition to it pushing more air it also has a wider projection for sound. As in, for example, with a combo you have most of the sound comming straight out of the speaker.

But with... say s slant cab you have sound comming straight out, and sound angled up. A straight cab similarly has a wider range because it has more surface area... if that made any sense at all
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
It will sound louder becouse more air is being pushed but you don't need more then 2 or 3 4x12 cabs for stadiums. You see bands tour with walls of cabinets and you think man I need a wall of cabs and 100+ watts but the truth is most of the cabinets you see either don't have speakers in them or arn't hooked up to anything. I saw an interview with lamb of god and they explained how out of all there cabs and I think each guitar player had around 9. Only 2 for each guitar player where actualy running through the head and making sound. The others were just for looks.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Quote by 80sShred4TheWin
It will sound louder becouse more air is being pushed but you don't need more then 2 or 3 4x12 cabs for stadiums. You see bands tour with walls of cabinets and you think man I need a wall of cabs and 100+ watts but the truth is most of the cabinets you see either don't have speakers in them or arn't hooked up to anything. I saw an interview with lamb of god and they explained how out of all there cabs and I think each guitar player had around 9. Only 2 for each guitar player where actualy running through the head and making sound. The others were just for looks.

Or maybe back-up?
Quote by FiliphSlim
Or maybe back-up?

More looks, a wall of cabs is very awesome and besides what are the chances of a cab breaking in a gig? And why would they put the spare cabs on three storey cab towers?
so there is no real advatage to having a full stack over a combo??
Quote by troy88
so there is no real advatage to having a full stack over a combo??

No, not really. You get more volume, but you're miced up anyway so it doesn't matter. The sound might be a bit fuller to you, and you might get more bass response, but again you'll be miced up anyway and the difference is not that big.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.