I'm in an amateur classic rock cover band. At the moment, my gear is Ibanez S470 -> Digitech RP200 -> VOX AD15VT. Obviously this is barely enough to play in a venue any larger than a basement, so I'm looking to upgrade my setup.

I have the software version of Guitar Rig 3, so I've been thinking about using it in a gig. I'll definitely need a foot controller to go with it. Does anyone have experience using Guitar Rig with the Behringer FCB1010? I know it's a pain to set up, but I think the flexibility and portability will be worth it.

I can get a good deal on a custom Fender Twin Reverb, but it's still way more than I'd like to spend, and way less portable than Guitar Rig.
If you don't use many effects - say, overdrive, delay and reverb - then the Fender Twin would be much better than any software.
Well look at it this way... Guitar rig still has to be played through a decent sounding amp (of sorts). I dunno if you have a PA or whatever, but the quality is bound to be sub par. Although I have heard of people using it in live situations with decent results. If you have the PA for it, I guess give it a shot. Just be ready for some strange looks coming from other guitarists, lol.
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
Yes, we have a PA. I'm gonna try Guitar Rig through it on Thursday without the foot controller.

The thing is, it sounds great if I use it with headphones, but awful coming through my computer speakers (logitech 5.1 system).
Quote by shlemielo
Yes, we have a PA. I'm gonna try Guitar Rig through it on Thursday without the foot controller.

The thing is, it sounds great if I use it with headphones, but awful coming through my computer speakers (logitech 5.1 system).

Its the same way with my Toneport.

Its because you are bypassing your computer's sound card when you use headphones, so it sounds fine, but when you run it through your sound card it deteriorates the quality of the sound you're getting.

If that makes any sense.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
Its the same way with my Toneport.

Its because you are bypassing your computer's sound card when you use headphones, so it sounds fine, but when you run it through your sound card it deteriorates the quality of the sound you're getting.

If that makes any sense.

I use the EMU 0404 USB audio interface that takes care of all my input and output. Guitar Rig is software only, so there's no way you can bypass the sound card.