Worship music. Perhaps a topic of contention among many musicians, but we really need a thread on this. What is your favorite way to celebrate the lord with music? What are some of your favorite works of worship song? Heres one of my favorites, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zchZEsoqwR4. The nylon string guitar (classical) I feel has a sound close to godliness. Share stories of church bands, and church gigs. Well thats about it!
Wow, I never realised there are so many videos about John Petrucci on Youtube.
Call me Batman.
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
How do you write songs about someone you've never met/known/seen/heard/smelled/talked to/etc?

I'm just curious.

I have met him
No offense to you, but in about 10 posts this thing will be a good old fashioned internet flame war. It's bound to happen.
Call me Batman.
While I don't believe in god, there is no doubt music can be a powerful religious tool. I find I feel very spiritual when I listen to stuff like Shpongle's DMT, and Tool's Lateralus or Dispositon/Reflection/Triad.

You have to remember, you can be spiritual and yet not believe in any religion. I like to try and forget everything while listening to something long and deep, such as the SunnO)))/Boris split Altar.
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
How do you write songs about someone you've never met/known/seen/heard/smelled/talked to/etc?

I'm just curious.

no idea, ask the legion of people who write songs about satan
This sort of all-encompassing thread seems to be more of a Pit topic.

If you had specific questions about getting gigs playing worship music, I think that sort of thing could go in bandleading.

If you want to talk specific artists, try Bands & Artists, although there might already be a thread in there.

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out