Anyone have experience with this amp? I've heard mixed reviews
avoid like the plague.

fine, get a crap amp for practise, but dont get a 100W one

you want a tube amp
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
tubee, the next amp i'm getting is guna b tubee
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
IT HAZ CRUSHING OVERDRIVEZ!!!!!!

Never, never listen to anything Zakk Wylde says about tone.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Never get an MG.
EVER.

Get a tube combo VK 112 or 212 is great for the budget. And dont worry about the wattage.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
if anyone who says marshalls are nice then theyre talkin about the tube ones. the solid state marshalls are crap. you get what you pay for and $600 for a marshall half stack, its not good. ive played it and it sounds bad
everyone's going to flame you...

the mg series is not horrible. but it's not very good either. especially for the money.

everyone's just going to tell you to get a used tube combo...
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
everyone's going to flame you...

the mg series is not horrible. but it's not very good either. especially for the money.

everyone's just going to tell you to get a used tube combo...

He's right.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
MG's are truly the most hideous things on the face of the planet, beaten only by Amy Winehouse and morning breath. Play one and your ears will bleed, just to shut themselves off from the hideous tone, which sounds somewhat like a chainsaw being revved in a giant coke can. Use the money to get a small tube combo.
Search bar.

No one is going to tell you anything in this thread that you can't learn from 100+ other threads already posted on the Marshall MG.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by treflip
MG's are truly the most hideous things on the face of the planet, beaten only by Amy Winehouse and morning breath. Play one and your ears will bleed, just to shut themselves off from the hideous tone, which sounds somewhat like a chainsaw being revved in a giant coke can. Use the money to get a small tube combo.

blah blah blah exaggeration. the point has already been made.
Exaggeration?

No, its the truth mate. MG's are a huge heap of ****, and for the money you can get some good amps, especially for the price of the half stack.
they can get loud...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
**Yawn**

Valve>MG
Spider>MG
Cardboard Box With Speakers In>MG
Anything>MG

It might be more like this.
Spider=MG
For the price of a MG100 half stack, you could probably get a Peavey ValveKing, or maybe try and grab something cheaper such as an Epi valve Junior, or a Blackheart. From my experience, MG's are decent practice amps, but at loud volumes, they suck balls. The tone isn't great either, but like I say, it is good enough just to practice with.
Quote by treflip
Exaggeration?

No, its the truth mate. MG's are a huge heap of ****, and for the money you can get some good amps, especially for the price of the half stack.

they're so so, not horrible crap. for the money, its a rip off. get over it.
Quote by sraydn
It might be more like this.
Spider=MG

No, spiders are slightly better than MG's, IMO.
Spiders are a bit more versatile.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
they're so so, not horrible crap. for the money, its a rip off. get over it.

Yes, they're a rip off, and yes, they're horrible crap. Even a Spider would sound better, and they're horribly digital, but at least sound somewhat like a guitar amp instead of a box of buzzy noises.
Quote by treflip
Exaggeration?

Nah its really not, yes MGs are bad amps, but no they are not the worst amps on the planet.

Buying a 15 watt mg isnt the end of the world, theyre fine practice amps for players who are just getting started or who arent very serious, for £50 nobodies expecting mircales to begin with, considering my peice of **** yamaha (Whcih sounds far worse than my MG did), with only a treble knob, bass and volume as well as a distortion switch cost about £40, they arent that bad of a deal, they arent cancer, with the lower wattage models you arent going to do much better on a tight budget.

Just when the TS for example is after the £340 half stack theres an issue, because there ARE much better amps in the price range.

Laney VC
Laney LC
Peavey Classic 30
Traynor YCV20
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender BJ
Bugera 6260
Bugera 333
Randall RG50TC
etc.etc.etc.
Quote by beckyjc
Nah its really not, yes MGs are bad amps, but no they are not the worst amps on the planet.

Buying a 15 watt mg isnt the end of the world, theyre fine practice amps for players who are just getting started or who arent very serious, for £50 nobodies expecting mircales to begin with, considering my peice of **** yamaha (Whcih sounds far worse than my MG did), with only a treble knob, bass and volume as well as a distortion switch cost about £40, they arent that bad of a deal, they arent cancer, with the lower wattage models you arent going to do much better on a tight budget.

Yes, I agree, they're fine for beginners, but it dosen't stop them from sounding terrible, especially when the higher priced ones cost the same as some great little tube combos. If I remember correctly, the MG halfstack costs around £350. For the same price, he could an Ashdown FA, a Peavey Valveking, Epi Valve Standard, or even a Bugera head, if he absolutely has to get a head. Even if he dosen't want to go tube, he can still easily get a Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix.