What are some easy songs for a beginner to learn?

Ive been playing electric guitar for about 6 months now, and i can only play the solos from the songs: "Smells Like Teen Spirit", "Come as You Are", Prayer of the Refugee" and "Holiday".

What are some solos that would be easy to learn, but are more advanced than the one for "Come as You Are"? Preferably something alternative, metal, rock, something of that genre.
The intro solos to "One" , "Sanitarium" , and "Fade To Black" by Metallica are all pretty easy to memorize. After that, it's just a matter of playin em over and over to get speed up.

The song is pretty stupid, but "Giving In" by Adema has a super simple solo in it.

Honestly, a good place to start for higher up on the neck would be to tune down a step to D, then learn Head's parts in almost any of korn's later stuff. It's not hard, but it's playing over a melody and it gives you a feel for playin with music.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Serrana...

hehe. Highway Donkey by Millencolin was the first solo I learned. It's pretty easy.
Last edited by HeavenlyVirus at Jun 18, 2008,
Olympia W.A. by rancid has a sh*t easy solo that sounds pretty sweet.
fightstarter karaoke by dropkick murphys solo is real simple
green corn by nofx solo is easy

all punk but its better than nothing.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
"Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd,

easy solo, but not easy enough as to be boring to learn, plus, that song is amazing
Turquoise Team Beasts!
Californication - RHCP
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
The Importance of Being Idle - Oasis
highway star by deep purple. i started playing around whenever my join date is and i can play that pretty fluently. its surprisingly easy
March of the Fire Ants by MastOdon!

There's some wierd octive stuff in it but just play the first time through and repeat. It's a great finger exercise also!
Schecter Jeff Loomis Sig. Hardtail... FRIDAY
B.C. Rich KKV Signature :: Kerry King EMG W/Boost
Schecter S-1 Elite :: SD Distortion Mayhem Set
Agile AL2500 Goth :: SD Hot Rod set
TTM Customshop USA Devastator :: Rusty nails W/shoelace
look at the beginner solos thread stickied in tab talk.
Been away, am back